Cheesesteaks

Thanks! And welcome.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow thanks Andrew and Welcome to Hungry Onion!! I can agree Peter Lugers is certainly a great meal, you’ve got an automatic friend in me my man!!!

Here’s a link to our little “Welcome to HO” thread, please feel free to tell us a bit more about yourself.

https://www.hungryonion.org/t/lets-introduce-ourselves-and-get-to-know-one-another-better/454/1070

1 Like

Thank you! I am a steak connoisseur through and through. And will do!

LOL BossaNova I missed your reply, I’ll add cheesesteak to my list for our pending HOBQ!

2 Likes

Just read this in the APP, where they did a story about ghost restaurants:

Social Subs, Neptune
Social Subs is one of several virtual restaurants Angela Ditaranto runs out of her Neptune restaurant, Crave, Your Local Eatery.

When Angela Ditaranto opened Crave, Your Local Eatery in fall 2019, there was no way of knowing a pandemic would come along less than six months later and shut it down.

She closed the restaurant in March, unsure if she would be able to reopen. But in June, she did, then a new revenue stream came about: virtual restaurants.

“We had been open and doing really well, but I needed that little push,” said Ditaranto, who began working with an outside company to create virtual restaurants she could run out of her kitchen.

Last fall, she launched Social Subs, International Egg Rolls, Soulful Salads, Grandma’s Sunday Gravy, and Mothertrucker Cheesesteaks.

“They’re just taking items off my menu and being creative,” she said. “Everything’s made to order.”

Social Subs’ offerings include Italian hot dogs, eggplant parmigiana, and Caprese sandwiches; International Egg Rolls has rolls stuffed with macaroni and cheese, cheesesteak, broccoli rabe and sausage, and Cuban sandwich ingredients; and Grandma’s Sunday Gravy has build-your-own pasta dishes, meatballs, sausage and garlic bread.

“That’s been pulling us through,” Ditaranto said, adding that her virtual restaurants earn nearly as much as Crave. “We’ve been doing really well with them.”

Go: Order through DoorDash, Grubhub and Seamless; 502 Waverly Place, Neptune; 732-361-0669, craveeateries.com.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, I was curious so I followed the link you included, is it just me or is this an awful color combination. I can read the items, but the descriptions below in non-bold print it’s impossible for me to read. Am I the only one? WTF? lol

4 Likes

No, it’s not just you . . . that color combo is horrendous.

2 Likes

Truly awful and virtually (:joy_cat:) unreadable.

1 Like

This is a very good example of why you should hire an experienced designer to create your website. Aside from the unreadable text, there are many issues and errors in the site programming including poor accessibility protocols.

6 Likes

Google Photos

This is what happens 3000 miles from the real thing. :smiley:

4 Likes

Do tell @bbqboy - did you make it? Looks good, except for the raw GBP’s. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t know what that is, but it is not a Philly cheesesteak. And what is that white stuff??

Probably ranch. This is a local (otherwise) tasty place.
An abomination is what I’d call it. :wink:

2 Likes

Ranch on a cheesesteak :nauseated_face: And I wonder how they managed to congeal that cheese?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s congealed as much as it’s put on as a slice and that’s as much as it melted. Probably put on after removing from the grill vs. placing it on the grill with the meat and serving them all together hot and gooey.

1 Like

Yet how many times do we see this? Restaurants that open with no website at all or any social media presence whatsoever. Or the restaurant that has a website and no menu available. Mindboggling considering how easy it is to just throw a website up with a menu even until it can be professionally done. No excuses in this day and age.

4 Likes

Do NOT get me started. Between bad design, bad programming, and typos, I feel like I’m always screaming at the screen when I’m on restaurant sites. Case in point TODAY: I know we want JSBBQ for dinner; I went to their ONLINE ORDERING section of the site, clicked through, and… ERROR MESSAGES. Can’t order online. They’ll hear about it when I call…

5 Likes

Most times I’ll call anyway. A lot of these “order online” pages of restaurant’s sites are run by a 3rd party who is getting a cut. In a lot of cases it ends up being more money in the restaurant’s pockets if they take a phone order.

Not that developers don’t need to eat, but I’d guess it’s tougher running a restaurant through a pandemic.

2 Likes

I can read it just fine, it says

“Crave Your Local Eatery”

“Cheesesteak”

“Burger”

4 Likes

Lol think your missing just a little bit.

1 Like