Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Very much agreed. But I suggest we now move on before we hit discussing things that are best discussed elsewhere than my favourite food board. After all, I donā€™t discuss food on the politics forum.

7 Likes

I. Love. That!

I remember it in The Player too.

2 Likes

Welcome to Hungry Onion.

Lyle Lovett!..one of the best concerts Iā€™ve ever attended!

1 Like

Oh cool. I figured he must have some swag if Julia Robets fell for him. She was actually in The Player too.

2 Likes

Hi everybody :wave:

I just wanted to introduce myself quickly.

I am a long-time reader (even back from the chowhound days) but a first-time poster.

I grew up in Monmouth County (Rumson), spent a decade in the city (Manhattan and Brooklyn), and recently moved back home (Fair Haven).

Devote meat-eater, full-time foodie; thereā€™s rarely an establishment I havenā€™t tried. I am looking forward to posting, sharing, and being a part of the community.

Lets all eat well!

14 Likes

Welcome @AndrewMalecki!

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

I always forget to look at this board. A big WELCOME to all.

Welcome again! Youā€™ve been reading since Chow and just posted now for the first time!?!?? Better late than never my friend! Fellow Monmouth County neighbor here as well as possibly your next door neighbor @Metsfan86 !

Hi and welcome to you!

1 Like

Devote meat eater? Would you like to challenge fellow Jersey members @joonjoon @NotJrvedivici on their meat eating prowess?

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome aboard.

@NotJrvedivici @AndrewMalecki

Sadly, my application for Fair Haven residency was denied and the PD now meets me anytime I try to cross over Ridge Road.

However, itā€™s great to hear from another hyper local resident, so welcome. What other spots do you like locally? FH has a few good spots and Jacks is also coming soon. Youā€™ll prob run into many HOā€™s at Nicholas Creamery for sure.
What are your top cheesesteaks nearby? donā€™t have a ton of great ones. Lately Iā€™ve been enjoying the cheesesteak at Slice of Hope/Palumbos in Little Silver. It prob doesnā€™t go toe to toe with Donkeys or anything like that, but itā€™s enjoyable and one of the best Iā€™ve has locally, but certainly am more than excited to have any new spots to hear about!

1 Like

Welcome!!!

New guy thinks he can come @ me and @NotJrvedivici?? Some nerve! :laughing:

@AndrewMalecki welcome and I hope we can spend some time putting tasty meat in our mouths soon!

3 Likes

@joonjoon - Absolutely! I would never say no to meat.

@Metsfan86 - It pains me to say but finding a decent cheesesteak in Monmouth county is far and in between. I wish I could recommend a place but there just isnā€™t a place that does it justice. That being said, not a cheesesteak but a hot meat cheese sandwich that I would recommend whole heartily, Big Mikeā€™s Little Red Store in Atlantic Highlands, Hot Roast Beef sandwich. Beef, Melted provolone, hot peppers on a hard roll. Itā€™s delicious.

1 Like

Not Taylor ham?

Sorry for the late reply.

Now that I know who you are, I will :blush:

1 Like

I was just joshinā€™ yaā€™. :blush:

1 Like