Are there any ingredients that completely ruin a dish for you?

Buy beer. I never turn down an invite that leads to great conversations. I can be polite and fussy at the same timešŸ‘

3 Likes

Raisins. Orange in anything other than a glass, with or without alcohol.

1 Like

Another vote for raisins. And mayonnaise :nauseated_face: (at least I can eat around/pick out raisins).

1 Like

Raisins. Me too! Especially the white ones that hide in the danish!

1 Like

Miracle Whip in any form.

Canned peas. This was the default vegetable in my home growing up. They are simply vile. And taste even worse at 7 am after being left from the previous nights dinner (my father was not a reader of Dr. Spock). This has bled over to fresh peas. Iā€™ll never seek them out. Iā€™ll deal with a small quantity if I must. Interestingly Iā€™ve liked British style mushy peas the dozen or so times Iā€™ve had them.

2 Likes

Add me ro the anti- raisin club. Itā€™s a horrible thing to do to a perfectly good grape.

3 Likes

Bingo. I enjoy all sorts of fresh grapes and wine, and even grape jelly from time to timeā€¦even chocolate covered I canā€™t doā€¦dont get me started on yogurt coveredā€¦crazy talk.

I like other dried fruitā€¦just not raisins.

I have never tried Miracle Whip because everyone who knows me talked me out of it.

2 Likes

Ginger. Lamb.

Iā€™m going to say any vegetable from a can with the exception of corn and beets is a big fat NO from me. Including the fancy expensive european tinned white asparagus that i foolishly tried once thinking it must be revelatory if it is so popular. Umm, no.
I wonā€™t refuse to eat mooshy peas but i also wonā€™t go out of my way to eat them again.

1 Like

This is funny. We have a friend, a wine expert, who refuses to eat most fruits and vegetables. The exception is canned or bottled asparagus. I wouldnā€™t touch the stuff myself, and I much prefer the green to the white.

1 Like

Is he european? Maybe itā€™s one of those foods that you aquire a taste for very youngā€¦

No, heā€™s Israeli.

Canned white asparagus is a crime against a perfectly wonderful vegetable.

7 Likes

But criminality endures.

1 Like

Anything super bitter

Rose water!

1 Like

Never tried it. My opposite is not about the taste.

Same! I eat around honeydew and am allergic to persimmon, but even the former I keep trying (and keep disliking).

1 Like

Seriously!? Live a little