April 2022 Cookbook of the Month - NOMINATIONS

Don’t know, when the people are hire to drive sales, I bet they will use every means, works or doesn’t work. Even the fact of making noise and mentioning the book will boost Google search ranks.

Now that CH will be gone, will there be hackers coming after HO? :laughing:

1 Like

SIMPLE THAI FOOD by Leela Punyaratabandhu

GRAINS FOR EVERY SEASON
SIMPLE THAI FOOD
very excited to keep COTM going in this new home!

MAMUSHKA. Looks like a fascinating book!

I’m up for LAND OF FISH AND RICE although
I have Every Grain of Rice I’m still trying to learn from.

2 Likes

SIMPLE THAI FOOD
I’ve followed her over the years but haven’t really cooked from one of her books yet…

LA SON: MY LIFE, MY CITY, MY FOOD by Roy Choi

1 Like

Oh man, @naf, don’t poke that bear! (Glad HO is up again) :bear:

Got it! Didn’t know cooking (or talking about restaurants) can be that dangerous!

1 Like

I am nominating (because it is asking for a complete sentence):
LA SON
LAND OF FISH AND RICE.

I am nominating BLACK FOOD
FLAVORS OF THE SUN.

MAMUSHKA by Olia Hercules

1 Like

Not to rain on anyone’s parade, but Mamushka is sold out everywhere. If one doesn’t already have it in one’s collection, then getting it in time for April will be near impossible. It is available as a Kindle edition. But some, like me, can’t do cookbooks on a screen.

3 Likes

I also noticed that their was a waiting list for the book at my local library.

2 Likes

Picking up from my library today to take a look.

Thanks for checking and pointing that out. I checked my library system and it isn’t available locally or on the statewide loan system. Accessibility is and always has been an important consideration when choosing our COTM, which is why we generally wait a few months after a book has been released before nominating it, wait until at least US/UK/Canada editions are all released, and wait until libraries have some time to get the book. I suspect the issue with this book is that people want to show support for Ukraine, and that’s great, but if it means the book isn’t easily available for COTM participants, it’s a problem.

5 Likes

COOKING FROM YOUR PANTRY / Nancy Silverton

FRESH MEXICO by Marcela Valladolid

I liked Six Seasons. I think it won or was nominated for a James Beard.

But some recipes didn’t work out like baking/roasting lettuce in the oven.

I checked Mamushka out from the library and did not think I would make much from it.
Not even going to keep it and re-read which I usually do after my first quick glance of a cookbook.

It was pretty though!

1 Like