April 2022 Cookbook of the Month - NOMINATIONS

I also noticed that their was a waiting list for the book at my local library.

2 Likes

Picking up from my library today to take a look.

Thanks for checking and pointing that out. I checked my library system and it isn’t available locally or on the statewide loan system. Accessibility is and always has been an important consideration when choosing our COTM, which is why we generally wait a few months after a book has been released before nominating it, wait until at least US/UK/Canada editions are all released, and wait until libraries have some time to get the book. I suspect the issue with this book is that people want to show support for Ukraine, and that’s great, but if it means the book isn’t easily available for COTM participants, it’s a problem.

5 Likes

COOKING FROM YOUR PANTRY / Nancy Silverton

FRESH MEXICO by Marcela Valladolid

I liked Six Seasons. I think it won or was nominated for a James Beard.

But some recipes didn’t work out like baking/roasting lettuce in the oven.

I checked Mamushka out from the library and did not think I would make much from it.
Not even going to keep it and re-read which I usually do after my first quick glance of a cookbook.

It was pretty though!

1 Like

I grill all kind of greens on a low setting. Needs to be ‘massaged’ with oil.

I’m enjoying both books. Reading through them first. Have plenty of grains on hand.

1 Like

Any interest in THE WOK?

1 Like

I’d be very much interested, but it has only been out for a couple weeks, so I was thinking it’s too soon.

1 Like

Just a reminder that nominations close at noon tomorrow, EDT. Get your last-minute suggestions in now!

Also interested in The Wok in the future, but I’d prefer to wait until it’s fully indexed on EYB, too.

2 Likes

GRAINS FOR EVERY SEASON
COOK, EAT, REPEAT

I’d be keen to do a Food Lab/The Wok combo some time in the near future.

3 Likes

Cross posting here to invite the COTM crowd to join us on Cuisine of the Quarter - nominations for Spring 2022 are now open! Spring 2022 (Apr-June) Cuisine of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

3 Likes

Nominations are now CLOSED. A Voting thread will be up soon.

A voting thread for April is here:

Hi Lala,

It will be nice seeing you participate in COTM for April. I look forward to reading your posts.

The reporting thread for April is here:

1 Like