Any Demeyere Proline pan owners ?

I’m a fan of my 2 Proline frying pans, but as said they are not the perfect pans out there - I would say 2.5 copper bimetal frying pans would be the perfect frying pans out there, if you look for versatility and raw performance.

And I would never flag a post made by Damiano where he simply states Proline pans are not for him.

1 Like

I’ve been tossing mine in and haven’t seen any issues; however, it doesn’t remove any polymerized oil (unsurprisingly)

Were you referring to prolines or the padernos that Damiano was recommending? My proline goes in the dishwasher all the time - no problem at all.

Ah so that’s why you had asked me if I thought the Proline was the best - to continue using that sentence until the end of time…

Pretty dumb move to use me as a reference.

First of all, I’ve only used Demeyere Atlantis clad and Spring Inox. Hardly a large sample size. Of the two the Demeyere is best indeed, but it better ought to be given its premium price.

Second, I just don’t think clad cookware makes sense. It’s literally compromised at the start, since technology cannot go further than put in 3.7mm of aluminum in the bottom as with the Proline. It’s the tallest of the dwarfs - compared to the +6.0mm of the PAderno, Fissler and of course the Lagostina Lagofusion.

1 Like

Well, yeah, but you being you, you’re a necessary reference for your own statements. Sorry.

In making your admission (that Prolines are the best clad ever made), you ranked them above the likes of Falk Coer, Sitram Catering, maybe even Lagofusion Accademia. If that’s still not a superlative,
references don’t matter.

Flattered that you use me as a reference. Let me be clear: I don’t like the Demeyere Proline. I sold all my Demeyere pans. It was a better pan than the Spring Inox I used. That I admit. So, let me update my statement: the Proline is the best clad pan I used out of the two clad series I used, being Demeyere Atlantis/Proline and Spring Inox.

The Lagostina Lagofusion I don’t see as clad, but as a hybrid - but then again you seem overall confused on the concept of clad cookware if you qualify Sitram Catering as such.

Quote from centurylife: “ you might be wondering what the difference is between Sitram Catering and Sitram Profiserie. Basically Catering is more expensive, uses copper in its disc base.…”

I guess it’s easier to misquote Damiano daily than it is to participate in valid discussion.

Glad we had this talk.

2 Likes

No misquote involved. He just backs and fills.

You could improve yourself, but you’re really just going to double down.

1 Like

Hi, Augie:

I wish I could explain to you the context, but I’ve neither the time nor the interest.

I did not misquote damiano. I accurately reported what he posted; you can find it if you search. If that’s doubling down, sorry, get used to it.

Kaleo

Ah nice. A whole day just to fall back on gaslighting. I’m not surprised. I’ve seen you quote Damiano at least 3 times this week completely out of context. The fact that you say these quotes support some sort of valid point does not make it true. They’re designed to make him look foolish, and force him stop speaking a viewpoint you disagree with.

You and Damiano both have very helpful information for the community. But you tend to nip those valid conversations in the bud; in favor of making personal attacks unrelated to the subject matter. As I said before you could take this chance to improve yourself. I’ve seen you bait both Damiano and Ray over their old unrelated posts in the G5 thread hoping to get a rise out of them. That’s not relevant to the thread, and certainly would not have promoted healthy dialogue. This is not just an issue limited to the G5 thread; you’ve left this bait throughout the site.

Just think about your thread on cooking school equipment. You had a fun concept worth following. Right when the thread got interesting you tore in to Damiano over books, and chose to believe Ray was incapable of using someone’s gender wrong; meaning he could only be personally attacking your views of an induction stove. Imagine choosing these asinine persecutions over allowing this community to see the natural dialogue of that thread unfold. No one is going to answer an OP putting out that kind of behavior.

Once again you could consider avoiding personal attacks, and strictly stick to dialogue that helps this community grow. The way with you did with that poor OP in the Viking thread. That was one of the few positive things to see in that thread. I’ve eaten up enough of OP’s Demeyere thread here, and have no intention of replying again.

3 Likes

Stay in your own lane.

If you find damiano’s admission to me about Proline (He agreed it’s the “best” clad), you will see no qualifications. I quoted myself, at which point he backed and filled, analogizing to tallest dwarves. I tweaked him that ‘tallest’ would still be a superlative. Why defend intellectual dishonesty?

I think he lost his mind when Claus posted positive things about the line.

1 Like

I did say that the Demeyere Proline is the best clad pan I’ve used. As I’m being quoted here, it refers to my own definition of clad pans. So in my book that means Demeyere and Spring of the clad pans I have used.

Of course, kaleo seems to categorise all pans with sidewalls as clad since he is now claiming that Sitram Catering - a copper disc based pan - is clad as well.

Why are we even having this discussion? :slight_smile: It’s just a pan, grow up.

2 Likes

and force him stop speaking a viewpoint you disagree with.

and force him TO stop speaking a viewpoint you disagree with.

The way with you did with that poor OP

The way you did with that poor OP

Lost my edit button, and those parts were bothering me.

1 Like

Force? Really? And your retirement from this thread was remarkably short.

From memory, I recently asked damiano if he would at least agree that Proline was the best clad ever made. He.simply and without qualification agreed. No force required.

It was only after he went negative about it that I tweaked him about having made the admission. Again, no force.

It’s not that big a deal–everyone here who can read already knows damiano doesn’t like clad pans. He’s been broadcasting that for at least 10 years.

Then you rush in, where angels fear to tread, and you want to FORCE me?

1 Like

Mod note: Recently, the discourse on the cookware forum has degenerated. A quick reminder of the site rules here:

Civility – ‘Is it kind/ helpful?’ Please support a civil and respectful environment and use the forum to share knowledge skills and interests. Please no
- personal attacks, e.g. name calling, disparaging remarks

Please stick to civil discussions. Understand you all have passions about cookware. But please don’t cross that line and let your passion turn into a fight. Thanks.

2 Likes

would any of you proline and Atlantis owners be able to tell me if the interior (aka the cooking surface) is magnetic? Nothing more than does a refrigerator magnet stick to the interior surface of the pot/pan? Thank you.

1 Like

Welcome!

My Proline and Atlantis are in a shipping box, but I am 99.99% sure a magnet sticks to the interior of Atlantis. My joule sous vide stick has a magnetic base and I’ve used that in my Atlantis stock pot many a time. They’re induction capable so the magnet would almost have to stick…

1 Like

Hi WW11, I won’t be home for a few hours but would be happy to test the Atlantis saucepan later, assuming someone else hasn’t done it by then.

1 Like

thank you!