Anthony Bourdain - dead at 61

Right. I meant Kenya, Africa. Its from this last season. :blush:. CNN has it avail if u have their app.

1 Like

I have not watched Parts Unknown series the last couple of years because AB was shifting towards social/political commentary. I will miss his views on the world since I will never have the chance to travel to the places he has visited. He was a refreshing voice that was honest and insightful. RIP.

1 Like

Just read about this today.

1 Like

The Kenya episode seemed to have very little food, but Interesting in it’s own way. My sister JUST got back from a safari, but in S. Africa.

CNN’s AB’s Impact episode was by far the most difficult to watch. Fair warning, the irony is painful.

Thanks for the heads up. ALMOST watched it!

Tonight CNN ran a behind the tarp episode. On camera interviews with the crew and show team with rare outtakes. The tribute was pure AB and closing out the show this way ended any doubts I falsely had about PUs editing.

Rest assured I will miss that guy dick jokes and all.

4 Likes

Men of the Year

The Last Curious Man

excerpt:

Goulding: He [eventually just got] tired of eating. You could see it. Very rarely he said anything more than, “Mmm, that’s really good.” I said, “You don’t talk about food anymore.” And he was like, “What do you need me to tell you? You need me to tell you how the acidity plays off of the richness of the cream sauce? And how the crunch helps refresh your palate? Bullshit. You don’t need me.”

9 Likes

Very glad to read something positive https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/anthony-bourdains-close-friend-reveals-how-his-daughter-reacted-to-news-of-her-dads-death/ar-BBQuLNp?ocid=spartandhp

3 Likes

I enjoyed reading that immensely!

1 Like

Watching reruns of Top Chef Season 8. Anthony Bourdain is one of the judges. I loved him on this show. His criticisms were so good, but the phrasing he came up with was so out there. It was great!

1 Like

Here’s some NJ news to Honor A.B.!

4 Likes

I don’t understand what this will be. Are they going to put up signs? Put a map online? Landmark all the restaurants he visited?

Knife and Fork and Docks! Awesome!! I would like to see the episode of Knife and Fork one of my all time favorites in A/C.

In the NJ post I made there are additional links. The gist of it is the trail has been approved unanimously. Details to be worked out. That’s all I’ve got!

I imagine they will take a look at how other food trail have been done and see what works for NJ. For example, the SC BBQ trail has a strong highway presence through bill boards, flyer/maps available at rest areas and a downloadable map.

2 Likes

I didn’t watch his shows much but throughly enjoyed his books such as Kitchen Confidential.

2 Likes

There is a new movie coming out on July 17, chronicaling his life. I still can’t believe that he’s gone, he had a larger than life presence.

Here’s a link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihEEjwRlghQ

4 Likes

That trailer made me tear up again. Several of the shots of him throughout had him with a haunted look on his face (1:15 in particular). But then his laughter with his best friend, Chef Eric Ripert, at the end had me grinning through my tears.

I don’t know what it is about AB, but dammit, he is so missed.

6 Likes

I have all of his books from Kitchen Confidential onwards (except for the cookbook and the new posthumous one) and was a religious watcher of his TV series post-Food Network, so I can’t wait to see the movie. I was absolutely devastated when I heard the news. What a waste.

3 Likes