The Hungry Onion Drooling Q&A is finally here! This Q&A series is a place where you can interact with your favorite cookbook authors, food critics and chefs and ask them in-depth and thought-provoking questions about their areas of expertise. It is a great venue that lets us explore the interviewees’ thought processes, how they approach their professional work, and what drives their passion.
Spread the word by letting your favorite food pub writers, bloggers, newspapers and friends know that we are doing the Q&A series and invite them to ask questions!
We’ve assembled an amazing Q&A lineup for the The Inaugural Holidays and New Year Series.
In November, we have:
- J. Kenji López-Alt, Managing Culinary Director of Serious Eats and author of The Food Lab
- Jonathan Kauffman, San Francisco Chronicle food reporter and author of Hippie Food
- Fuchsia Dunlop, author of Land of Fish and Rice
In December, we have:
- Christopher Kimball, founder of Milk Street Magazine and America’s Test Kitchen
- Luke Tsai, East Bay Express food critic/ editor
In January 2017, we have:
- Joyce Goldstein, SF Bay Area chef and author of The New Mediterranean Jewish Table
- Mark Bittman, author of How to Bake Everything and How to Cook Everything.
Members can submit questions to each interviewee’s Q&A thread ahead of time, and during the Q&A. Other members can then vote on the questions. More votes = more popular questions. The interviewees then will join us at the designated time. Let’s go ask them some thought-provoking questions!
Click on the photo for each Q&A and the detailed biography of the interviewee. Please also check out our community members’ knowledgeable discussions on restaurant recommendations and cooking techniques!