Age Distribution Here?

Wow, I never thought I would be a baby in the group to be honest, I just turned 25. It’s a great forum for me as I’m always learning or getting inspired in some way from everyone’s ideas and there’s a huge amount of useful advice here too.

16 Likes

I didn’t vote because I felt the pole was for cookware posters.

It was. But here you are–a Cookware poster!

4 Likes

It’s hard for me to admit that I’m closer to 60 than 50 lol. Still feel like 30.

3 Likes

The pole is for the dancers!

:wink:

9 Likes

Is it cheating if I vote both my real age and “ageless”?

3 Likes

I did. So they’ll arrest me first and then you plead undue influence.

Meanwhile I’ll plead *under influence" and we’ll both walk with a slap to the wrist.

3 Likes

I’m in my early 50’s, but I behave like a teenager sometimes.

9 Likes

I am 74 today, still young.

9 Likes

A man’s age is not marked by wrinkles or grey hair. It is measure by nose hair and ear hair.

7 Likes

I guess I’ve always had the former (since mid-20s, I think), but not yet gotten any of the latter.

I hear ya. When I started working there was no internet so I spent a lot of time borrowing cookbooks and cooking magazines from the library and photocopying recipes until I could afford a few cookbooks of my own. I love being on hungryonion (and chowhound before) for the same reasons you do. I’m in my late 50s and still learning and being inspired by this group.

4 Likes

Hau’oli la hanau ia oe!

…and nose and ear size…

1 Like

When I saw the number of likes on your post, it made me think of the movie, “Children of men”.

2 Likes

You can only be young once, but you can always be immature!

7 Likes

Same! 2 more months of this decade for me.

1 Like

Interesting! Discord is a social that I don’t use, but my older son almost exclusively uses. And the conversations he has about it made me think there was nothing there for me. Gaming and such. But maybe I’ll have to take a look. It would blow his socks off if I told him I was on on Discord now lol.

1 Like

I think there are Discord servers on a broad range of different topics. I’m on two: one is a large dining group (that’s the one I mentioned earlier) and the other is just a bunch of people who “met” in an online comment section and wanted to place to hang out and talk about whatever.

Would you pm me and tell me the names of the food groups/discussions that you find interesting?