Advice needed: How do you store your recipes?

I think I still have Mastercook too! I think mine is on a CD or floppy.

1 Like

I still have super bad habits . Scribbled on that legal form yellow paper . I have recipe commitment issues.

2 Likes

First step is to admit we are powerless!

2 Likes

Cookbooks or magazines are indeed a problem, unless you make a conscious effort to use them, they remain forgotten.

Nowadays, I try to group everything using Paprika, even a few print recipes, either keep them as photos or use OCR software to convert to text for search purposes depending on usage frenquency. Paprika has been there for a few years already, and has frequent updates, hopefully it will be sticking around for a long time.

Unfortunately, some of the best love online recipes from blogs or websites, I only keep the url of the page, with website updates or bloggers moving on to do other things, some links are dead.

I just went onto Pepperplate (which I don’t love but I like and have been too lazy to move to Paprika) only to be told I have 11 days left of a free trial and then I have to buy it. Maybe it’s time to make the move…

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder! Only 13 days left for me. Luckily, I don’t have a lot of recipes there.

Wow! Now I don’t remember if I paid anything for it. I got it quite a while ago.

It has often been free. But I think it would be more cool that at least they send an email to inform clients that they are changing policy to charge now.

1 Like

They have never charged till now. It always made some of us nervous because how do they support development? Answer: they haven’t done much which is understandable but means I am reluctant to pay an annual subscription. Playing around in Paprika now, it is so feature-rich compared to Pepperplate!! And priced more attractively too.

1 Like

I think I’ve read something like the owner of the platform did this for themselves in the beginning. Although not much update, but there is still maintenance. The plans are expensive, I would say.

Agree!

Wait…what??

ETA; Where would I be without you guys? I just checked and it said 13 days left of free trial. I wonder if it starts counting down when you sign in online. I go to my app off and on and didn’t see any sign of change other than what seemed to be a missing recipe or two. Fortunately I have moved most to Paprika, which I DID pay for.

1 Like

I moved some over but it was daunting. I had to go to browser in Paprika, put in Pepperplate and find the recipe. I gave up. Is there an easier way?

1 Like

Supposedly there is if you have the Windows version of Paprika. I haven’t tried it yet but will today or tomorrow.

Thanks! I do have it on my computer. That does look complicated!

Exactly, I just got an email confirming the 14-day trial. For anyone who is planning to export the recipes at a later date, DO NOT SIGN IN.

According to the email.

After your 14-day trial ends, you can switch over to a monthly or annual plan. But, don’t worry, if you decide to activate your subscription at a later date, your recipes will be waiting for you.

Looks like you won’t have access to your recipes anymore, after the trial is over.

For English language recipes, go to the browser of Paprika, login to Pepperplate, open each recipes, click the “download” button on the bottom right corner. Please note that the author of the recipe will be changed to Pepperplate, and the original online reference will be changed to Pepperplate’s recipe url and therefore be lost. Also, the categories won’t be transferred as well. A bit upset that Pepperplate has cropped down the size of the recipe photos, the exported images are very small. (BTW, I’m on Mac.)

Unfortunately, if the recipes are not written in English, that download button wouldn’t work, need to copy paste everything manually.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes that is how I was doing it. But one at a time it’s a pain. I started thinking - do I really need this recipe? Kind of like cleaning your closet!

1 Like

Exactly, it’s time for cleaning up too!

2 Likes

Just got the notice that my 14 day trial is starting. I’d better see what I needs from there.