Your favorite savory cookies?

Matcha black sesame is my favorite currently. Made with kinako flour.

What’s yours?

5 Likes

parm shortbread: equal parts (by weight) flour, butter, finely grated parm.

8 Likes

Blue cheese thumbprints with walnuts, fig jam in the depression.

8 Likes

I can’t believe I never thought of a savory cookie. I guess I figured a savory cookie was a cracker but I see now I was way to limited in my thinking. Thank you @ipsedixit for starting this thread. I see some baking in my future.

1 Like

Blue cheese in the dough?

1 Like

Yes @bbqboy, I’ll see if I can link the recipe I used.

1 Like

Strictly speaking, it’s not exactly a cookie, called chicken biscuit, it’s Cantonese. But some versions I’ve eaten, they made it in the like a cookie. Ingredients include pork, lard, maltose, sugar, garlic, walnut, sesame oil, flour, some versions have fermented bean curd and five spices. Delicious!

2 Likes

Parmasan or comté with thyme or sometimes with rosemary is good.

3 Likes

Basque corn biscuits from the breads of France by Bernard Clayton.
Crispy and excellent with cheese or jam.

That reminds me of a product that I vaguely remember seeing in the “American” grocery store (because mom also went to the Korean grocery store so we differentiated this way) when I was a kid called “Chicken in a Biscuit.” Same same? Or different?

These?

3 Likes

No it’s not the same. Chicken biscuit is 雞仔餅 It can be also called little phonix biscuit 小鳳餅.

Looks like this

2 Likes

When I was a kid, I liked a lot Lu Tuc bacon flavored biscuits.

1 Like

probably dating myself here, but i remember them as a kid — full of all kinds of artificial flavors — i loved them!

4 Likes

:rofl: I was way off with the spelling.

2 Likes

Just tried these from Trader Joe’s. Pretty good, especially the gouda ones:

1 Like

yeah — can’t have these in the house. once i open the box, it’s gone…

1 Like

Spanish anise/olive oil crackers are dusted with sugar, ergo half cracker, half cookie. Incredibly good. I learned to make them after tiring of paying $1+ a piece for them.

1 Like

Tortas de anis …

The ones here are a “cracker” and have a flat circular format, very crunchy breakfast cracker and they are quite good if you like anise …

I buy them all the time …

They are very cheap here, approx 1 € for a package of 4.

I will snap a photograph of the them … ( 2 Photos below )

Very late here 23.20 …

1 Like

anisePACKAGEdescargar

3 Likes