Which cookware is best Stainless Steel frypan or Non-Stick frypan?

My pan after cooking folded eggs, perfectly baveuse.

Add images here

I used a bit of butter and a silicone spatula. They were topped with salt, pepper, and minced chives. I want more. Sigh.

4 Likes

Looks like a nice pan and at a really great price.

2 Likes

Well, as you can see, there was nothing baveuse about my scramble. :joy:. But lots of butter, do I was happy.

1 Like

I remember your aversion to runny eggs. This technique easy to manage so that they come out of the pan a little runny but firm up a bit on the plate.

Well, I like runny yolks in fried eggs! But not runny whites. I usually remember to turn off the heat and plate my eggs before they’re done; I do know that they carry over heat.

Do you ever use basting covers to help set the whites?

I have used a lie, or in my youth way too much far and regular basting.

I meant a LID; I have never attempted to cook using lies. Cheats maybe, but not lies. :joy:

1 Like

Never used truffle oil? :crazy_face:

My noodles don’t stick in my wok; make sure you season your wok.

1 Like

Dang! Busted!

Yes, it is a really great pan with a good handle. I can cook without any issues.

Yes, seasoning the cookware is very important!

Hi
neither! Stainless is made of chrome and nickel both dirty metals
Carbon steel or copper with tin lining

1 Like

Welcome, Jeff! Stick around this time?

For those who don’t know, Jeff knows more about coppersmithing and cookware than I could ever learn. Hammersmith, the progenitor of Brooklyn Copper Cookware is in his pedigree. He’s a great resource for anyone interested in how copperware is made, maintained and repaired.

2 Likes

Hi Kaleo,

Working on a copper pasta station for a food service buffet. Copper pan 14’’ x 6 with 4 removable stainless pasta baskets
Thanks for your thoughts.

jeff

1 Like

We all love it when our own opinions are reinforced, especially by an expert. Thanks, @kaleokahu, for providing that background on @jherkes. As one with minimal actual cookware knowledge other than what i do and do not like and how it works, I would say I would rather have a very small amount of heavy, tinned copper and carbon steel than a whole lot of pretty much anything else. When I started this collection I had one 3mm hammered copper sauté pan, a small heavy aluminum saucepan, a Lyonnaise carbon steel pan, a carbon steel wok, and a cheap aluminum ten quart stocker. I quickly added a tinned copper casserole. I could have done fine all this time with just those items, but the lure of other pans snagged me and never let me go. I still have all but the aluminum stocker. I would be interested in his take on aluminum. That little aluminum saucepan still gets pretty regular use.

2 Likes

I once had a Toroware saucepan like this. I was very happy with it, not to mention I liked its utilitarian kitchenware look. It has long disappeared from my kitchen stash, probably in a move, along with a large bright yellow enameled steel stockpot. I honestly believe that stockpot got swiped in transit. Still have my copper, but it’s napping now that I have an induction range.

I bet it’ll be great. Along the lines of a Waldow bain marie? Will it be lacquered to stay shiny?

How about a copper rolltop for buffet?

Kaleo

Good idea
Another
I am offering free retinning thru the month of October 23

just pay for shipping and handeling

Hammersmithcookware
2371 beryllium rd
scotch plains, Nj
include a packing list of contents
No stainless lined copper

2 Likes