Where do you keep your frying pans?

Several times a day. I looked into having one built. Was gonna cost about $350. It measures 18x24x2. If I could do it over I’d make it an inch thicker. As an end grain board it is so nice to my carbon steel knife. My sharpening sessions are few and far between.

1 Like

Yeah the store I purchased it at you purchase the individual components and size it to your needs. I have a second one. The wheels are invaluable.

6 Likes

I know. I love the setup. Are you a tall person because I was looking at the end grain cutting board set a little higher than your stove height. Also, does the pans’ handle get in your way? Great look.

I have two CI and a cupboard full of other saute pans.

This works awesome for me.

1 Like

I have always lived in nyc in small apartments with even smaller kitchen spaces and my previous apartment i had to keep my big le creuset pot on the stove because it literally didn’t fit in the cabinet.
At the apartment i kept my 9x13 heavy enameled cast iron baking dish and my half sheet pan in the oven since i used the sheet pan the most and that big baking dish just went ontop of the stove when i used the oven.

I still keep the big pot on the stove, it’s a bright red/orange and cheerful looking. I use it for everything from boiling pasta to stews. My kitchen now has deeper cabinets and a few more of them so everything else is stacked in the cupboard by the oven/stove.

1 Like

About 6 foot. I actually love the height of the board, I don’t have to hunch over for anything. No, I’ve never had the pan handles get in the way while cutting. I also love the wheels. Nice for cleaning, but also when I have guests over, I put them to work lol. I like being able to move the board wherever it’s convenient. In a pinch becomes the chefs standing table lol.

Now that I thought about it, because the cutting board height is adjustable, it is customizable for any user. While a traditional cutting board table is nice, the height is not adjustable. Moreover, you can easily swap a new cutting board if needed. I like this setup. very functional.

Do you worry about food debris/liquid from the cutting board go down to your pan below?

It’s not uncommon to find a rogue piece of onion or herb in one of the pans lol. I don’t ever put anything TOO liquidy on the board. Raw meat goes on a plastic board. No moisture from chopping fruits or veggies drops down. I wash with a soapy sponge and dry immediately.

For the second photo, the one with 5 rack and a cutting board in the middle… you don’t actually use that a cutting board, right? There is not much clearance and it is very high.

This is the poor man’s pot rack as a temporary measure; you can see the walls aren’t painted and the window is not trimmed out (of course, my also-temporary kitchen island is over a dozen years old now). It’s just a length of aluminum flat stock spaced off the wall with really good hooks. Note the plumber’s torch on top of the fire extinguisher, ready to finish off anything that needs a little flame work.

8 Likes

That is simply where I store it. It’s an end grain kneading board. I could use it to cut, but mostly it’s used for dough. When I have lots of people over I’ll stage the dishes there and line the food along the counter.

1 Like

i love it too!

I keep them in my cabinets now that I have the space. Growing up, our oven was the storage space for our wok, and a few pans too. That’s city living in an apt for you.

2 Likes

Is that 15 frying pans, Thimes? I’m impressed!

1 Like

I haven’t counted but probably … I have issues lol.

1 Like

Since reading a recommendation, I put a paper plate between pans, to prevent scratching the interiors.

1 Like

I have a piece of felt for the non stick pan. But husband after washing, just put it with the others in a stack without anything. LOL. I gave up.

We recycle bubble wrap for that purpose.

1 Like

I only use a paper towel, and isn’t even for anti-scratch.

1 Like

I keep mine in the cupboard stacked, using cookware guard pads

1 Like