What's your favorite way to prepare pork tenderloin?

Wrapped in bacon

1 Like

Many moons ago I had a recipe for pork tenderloin with a savory chokecherry glaze. The recipe was from Meredith Brokawā€™s cookbook on Montana cuisine. Having not found chokecherry jelly in the stores, I made my own ( they grow plentifully here). The loin recipe was delicious with that glaze. It works with lamb, too. I ended up making gallons of chokecherry products (jellies and syrups) that fall and gifted them away with gift certificates to purchase a loin or pancake making ingredients as Christmas presents. If you can find the recipe, try it out. I planted a chokecherry tree a few years ago and it has been slow to take off. Of course the birds get to it before I do, like with the service/june/Saskatoon berries.

3 Likes

I made hirekatsu for the first time since I had some tenderloin and I find it a bit bland and lackluster compared to tonkatsu. I like tenderloin, but in this preparation it lacks flavor compared to pork chops and while chops can be lean, even fairly lean ones have a bit more fat than tenderloin, and I found myself missing it.
If frying pork tenderloin itā€™s best to coat it in something like sweet and sour sauce.

Iā€™m trying this tonight, but with a drizzle of tamarindā€¦something.

I dunno, itā€™s pretty classic spanish as is, with tamarindā€¦ lmk how it goes :joy:

Iā€™m sort of subbing sour tamarind for the sour lemon in the lemon-honey drizzle. Iā€™d forgotten the dish was Spanish (actually, Basque, right?, If that makes any difference) because Iā€™m using the Ras al hanout in the so called ā€œoriginal recipeā€, so tamarind seemed okay. :grimacing: North Africa, Moores, Middle East, etc. :woman_shrugging:t5:

You know Iā€™m trying to use this tamarind paste! :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway, itā€™s tasty!

2 Likes