What's on your mind? (2024)

He goes all in; he’s the original Gusto Guy. The Master of Disaster. And no, I wouldn’t believe him for a second if he told me he was sorry. Because he doesn’t understand that anything he does is bad.
I’ve had other cats who were genuinely remorseful. So it’s not a cat thing.

4 Likes

‘Chester the Squirrel Molester’ lived up to his name capturing both the unsuspecting pine tree squirrels and the horrible Columbian ground squirrels. On my way to the vegetable patch I’d come across the remains. We miss him eradicating the latter. After he left our world we haven’t been able to keep the ground squirrels away. Owen isn’t interested; he goes for birds.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I love this one. Not sure how I feel about Charles’

2 Likes

I thought of that portrait, too, and how Charles’ is to my eye an epic wanna-be.

1 Like

This is hilarious. I do like the painting, though.

3 Likes

I do, too.

1 Like

Looks more like the rhubarb pie in the storage container, to me.

5 Likes

Some good news… I took Neighbor #2 back to the doctor (yesterday morning) for her 8 week checkup and all was good. The doctor cleared her to return to “light” household duties. So back to cooking for just Sunshine and myself.

Neighbor #2’s upset stomach from last week is a different issue for a different doctor, but even that appears to be almost back to normal. I guess it could have been just some type of stomach flu that cleared up on its own.

Thank you all for the recipe ideas, that I received from various threads.

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing your good deeds out and about!

3 Likes

Pizza Saturday. Dough balls getting ready for the fridge overnight . Yes .

11 Likes

Wow. Never heard of them, but I lead a sheltered life …

I understand the reason for labeling (e.g.) oats as being certified gluten free, even though the oats themselves cannot contain gluten.

Regular oats are often harvested, shipped, processed etc. with the same equipment used for wheat or other seed crops; some of my acquaintances who avoid gluten are concerned about cross contamination.

I can’t understand the rationale for doing that with cholesterol, though, as you mentioned maybe just marketing. Or maybe they think consumers are ignorant?

1 Like

Ya think?? :joy:

Evidently works all the time.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The one that makes me laugh is ubiquitous use on chicken the label “no hormones”.

Well, yeah. Of course. Hormone use in US chicken has been illegal for… since… about 80 years.

Is it the case that “because everyone else is doing it, I have to keep doing it, too?”

1 Like

I doubt Buc-ee’s will ever make it to the Northeast. But I’d go there!

1 Like

I live in the land of Buc-ee’s. I’ve only been in the parking lot one time. It was an absolute madhouse. In addition to people streaming in and out of the “inside”. They don’t advertise the price of gas. But if you’re lucky enough to be a hundred miles away on the highway, there are plenty of silly Buc-ee’s billboards every half mile or so. Directing towards Buc-ee’s. Like you could possibly miss it. Ya’ll are welcome to the place as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

Yeah, that one has always gotten to me, too, for the same reason.