What's on your mind? (2024)

A new thread to share your deepest thoughts.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll start.

Never let the turd in the punch bowl ruin a good party. Drink martinis instead.

3 Likes

I thought that was a doodie in the swimming pool?

4 Likes

Go Blue :blue_heart::yellow_heart:. ā€¦ . Though I donā€™t follow college football and could not explain the season, my little brother is an alumni along with many friends of mine. Iā€™m sure heā€™s lost his voice watching that game and happy that heā€™ is likely still on cloud nine from that OT win. :smile::grin:

2 Likes

Your brother and friends must be ecstatic this morning! Great game by the blue and maize.

1 Like

YES!!! Thank you :smile::smile::grin::smile::smile::smile::smile:. I donā€™t follow sports closely but thereā€™s always like one game every now and then that ropes me in and this was it. :sunglasses::blue_heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart:

my friend was texting with me in the first quarter to help keep me calm. :sweat_smile:. Admittedly I was stressed at various times in the game :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::sweat_smile:. Nevertheless- yay!!! :smile::sunglasses:

Woo-hoo!!! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart: :grin:

1 Like

Service provider said that my phoneā€™s display will be available in 2 weeks. Until then Iā€™m using an old router for internet but no calls. Feels like the 90s. :sweat_smile: Still thinking if the display would be affordable. If not, Iā€™ll look around for a second hand phone, or a cheap keypad phone. Itā€™s funny how the smart phone has become a part of life for almost everyone.

@LastManStanding Happy new year! I was just wondering the other day where youā€™ve been.

2 Likes

Iā€™m always rooting for the Big 10 (though Washington will be part of that conference next year).

1 Like

Oregon Ducks too, Iā€™m all confused.

1 Like

Conferences are like corporationsā€“soon there will be only a few very large entities.

2 Likes

Yes!! Me too!!! Big ten (however many schools it is now) :sweat_smile:. I was talking to my football loving friend earlier this evening and I could sense his happiness for me that I was happy for my brother and just happy it was an awesome game. I watched that 4th quarter interception a dozen or more times by now. :sweat_smile:

The four plates of nachos might have overdid it last night. Stress eating. I didnā€™t watch the third quarter. This is why I canā€™t be a sports fan. I get too emotionally attached to desired outcomes. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::sweat_smile:

Hey how are you? Happy New Year to you too! :pray: :sunflower: :pray: Itā€™s nice to be back here. I was caught up with some work at a friendā€™s office, as I was trying to get a few tips about tourism business :smiley:

1 Like

I watch way too much football. Lots of Big 10 for college and, unfortunately a lifelong Eagles fan. Fortunately Iā€™m one of those people who canā€™t eat when Iā€™m stressed. But that Monday game was great and I thought Michigan had it the whole time.

1 Like

I was hoping you were too busy with your tourism business. Iā€™m glad thatā€™s the case and hope it goes well.

1 Like

Population of the United States today ~335,927, 242.

Population of California
~38.965 million as of July 2023

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/CA/PST045223

Population of Canada ~40.5 Million as of Oct 2023, up 500 000 from 40 Million in July 2023.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Whatā€™s going on with the city trains these days??? :open_mouth:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/10/nyregion/nyc-subway-derailment-brooklyn.html?campaign_id=190&emc=edit_ufn_20240110&instance_id=112177&nl=from-the-times&regi_id=69392103&segment_id=154795&te=1&user_id=4308806032ba073ba7b86cab90c0a5b7

Like the ā€œplant-basedā€ butter theyā€™re hawking these days.

You mean margarine? Yeah, that stuff. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes