What's On Your Mind 2023

Let’s not forget “on accident”. Drives me nuts!!! Trouble is that most of these kinds of things have been ‘legitimized’ by long-term use…… or so says Google if you look them up.

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

When I ‘donated’ my gall bladder last year, I spent the night before the procedure thinking of all the foodstuffs I wouldn’t be having again, in addition to deleting the small volumes of alcoholic beverages I’d drink on occasion. I did not sleep a wink, there were so many things to pore over that night.
Fast forward to now, next week I will be ‘donating’ parts of different abdominal organs to clean out a bug that showed up last month in my duodenum. (Insert big swear word). I’ve been a food aficionado all my life. I will be working through a food plan that is similar to what a bariatric surgery patient starts with; portions are measured in tablespoons. The pancreas, liver, stomach and small intestine will all be impacted and I’ll be ‘donating’ a bunch of lymph nodes. I’m looking forward to some creative meal planning!
Who wudda guessed that a week or so of bad indigestion would lead to this.
Please everyone, pay attention to your bod. It was an endoscopy procedure that discovered the bug. I am so thankful to my gastro NP for making me get the endo done at the same time as the scheduled colono. I pray this does not happen to you, I hadn’t a clue or a symptom of what was going on in there.
I’m going to take ‘a leave’ from HO for a bit. All the wonderful foodie talk will have to wait for a while.
Hanppy New Year, Peace, Warmth and Goodwill for all!

15 Likes

Wishing you good health and happiness, @mts.

What a crappy way to start the new year. Wishing you a speedy recovery and that you’re back with us soon.

Good recovery to you, and better health in the new year. Glad they caught it and have a plan.

We are with you in solidarity @mts Get well soon.

Please have a speedy recovery!

So sorry for to hear about this scary health issue. I hope everything goes well next week and you are quickly on a path to good health and can find those creative meals that promote your health and happiness.

1 Like

I’m sorry for what you’ve already gone through and for what lies ahead. I also had to give up something important to me this year because it’s no longer safe for my stupid aging body. I hope you adjust well and meaningfully.

2 Likes

Wise words indeed, @mts. Wishing you a strong recovery.

Wishing you good health in the new year, and the fervent hope you can get to a “new normal” with food that doesn’t restrict you from enjoying deliciousness.

2 Likes

Who wants to start a 2024 edition of this thread?
Mods?

1 Like

@linguafood did so here.

1 Like

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Ho boy. That sounds rough, to say the least. Wishing you all the good mojo to get through this :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Best wishes @mts ! I too just “donated” a few nodes, fortunately associated with a different organ. I am counting my blessings and sending some your way.

4 Likes

As @LindaWhit mentions, @linguafood has started the 2024 thread. So any new discussions can start there. What's on your mind? (2024)

I’m going to leave this thread open for a few days to allow the ongoing discussions to wrap up (and so we can all send @mts our good thoughts).

5 Likes

Wishing you a speedy recovery and a quick return to HO.

2 Likes