What's On Your Mind 2023

Gee, I was snowbound yesterday and we only got 8". In my defense I live on the end of an unpaved private road. I’m also out of wine but we have had sun all day and a major melt so it looks like I will make it to town tomorrow.

8 Likes

More snow coming for me . Im not going to be short this time

6 Likes
5 Likes

Oh my gawd! I gotta send this to a few fans! I’d like to see one with Hollandaise sauce , salmon and English muffins!

2 Likes

Naaaaa

After 5 months, the national tourist guide lecturer license course is coming to an end. Final exam tomorrow, a written paper. Then it will be two months to get the verdict. But as for now, the torture ends tomorrow.
Wow.

9 Likes

Good luck!

2 Likes
1 Like

Community Assistance

My wife’s Dad died Tuesday morning. We’re holding the funeral next weekend. He has lots of sibs and cousins (most many states away) who have tight budgets. Similarly several in my family have pretty tight budgets. They’ll be driving down for the funeral, except those from farther away who my wife and I are paying for flights.

Our church has a wonderful bunch of folks. Without asking, just offered, at least 20 couples have opened their homes to let out-of-town folks stay there, who can’t easily afford the ~ $250/night local hotel fees. The only people who will be staying in hotels for the funeral are those who prefer to do so (a couple of the cousins who travel all the time and have points to pay for airfare and hoteling).

10 Likes

Sorry to hear of your family’s loss. But it is heart-warming to know how much your community is embracing you and yours.

3 Likes

Condolences, and, like others, it’s really uplifting to hear of the warmth and support of your church community.

1 Like

Peace be with you and your loved ones. You are blessed to have your church community be there in your time if need. Peace.

1 Like

Condolences on the loss of your father-in-law. What a truly kind community you and your family have around you.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your loss. It’s really nice to hear that you have neighbours and friends who offer real help when the need comes up. That way you are blessed.

2 Likes

I thought i was the only one to do this . Im Six eight so more than often while shopping at the grocery store im asked by women to grab a item from the shelf that they can’t reach .
What struck me today . She says "See that can on the far left. I will take that one it looks pretty ."I thought i was the only one around who didn’t pick just the can on the shelf being all the same .

4 Likes

Oh, that’s me. Sorry to be a bother.

3 Likes

Im here to help.

Yep, guilty as charged. It does sometimes lead to a nice exchange regarding a particular ingredient or, oddly, cat food brand.

10 Likes

Thanks!