What's On Your Mind 2023

It’s not a first world problem. It’s a universal problem :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:dancer: :man_dancing:

1 Like

Can someone tell me is this for real? As in, is this a dish restaurants offer?

2 Likes

Was over at my neighbors house today
He is a chef . From the Midwest Chicago
I don’t know
First edition Anthony Bourdain Bone in the throat signed and kitchen Cofidenials Showed me the signature. Super .

3 Likes

Who’s got the power to play with the master headline banner? @sck? @hungryonion?

Instead of “Hungry Onion” it now says “Fully Satiated Onion” and (smaller print, hard to read) “No need to discuss anymore”.

I’m hoping it’s just a temporary 2nd of April joke rather than an impending shutdown or some such…

1 Like
4 Likes

So it was to be the final step of getting the license. To hand over the certified copies of the documents. I prepared them, checked them, and handed them over. They checked them and accepted.
At 7.10pm I get a call, "your national ID copy is not ‘true copy’ certified!
I must go there tomorrow.:sweat_smile: It never ends.

4 Likes

:woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Anybody tried this kind of potato prep? Looks like it might be pretty good.

3 Likes

Looks like she’s eating a sponge :sponge:

3 Likes

Interesting. Looks like a lot of work!

1 Like

More water :sweat_drops: talk.

2 Likes

Like the bloomin’ onion!

1 Like

The numbers are so big I can’t wrap my brain around them. What does 2 billion gallons of water a day look like?

I thought the article gave a very good overview and explained things well. Especially the psych factors relating to what causes people to really pay attention (visibly shrinking lake) vs. out of sight means it tends to stay back of mind.

Edit - re the numbers I tried to get a feel by comparisons. USNASS (national ag stat service, part of USDA) says Arizona leads in terms of water usage per acre. California runs over 30 billion gallons per day in agriculture, and leads in pure gallons used, compared to the 2Bn gal/day in Kansas. But California has nearly 10 million ag acres under irrigation compared to 2 million in Kansas. And the crops differ anyway.

Still the numbers just seem like fantasy to me. A hundred billion gallons every day, across the country, in irrigation water.

These guys (WaterSmart) give the helpful notion that 100 billion gallons of water is about the water contained in 8 or 9 billion adult humans…

3 Likes

When I was a kid in 4th grade Kansas history we were taught that the aquifer was endless, would last a 1000 years and was the source of our bounty and self reliance.
That was before all the desert/scrub/cattle country got turned into cornfields clear to the front range. Ethanol vs water is a hard choice.
:wink:

5 Likes

Did you live in Kansas? I don’t recall learning Kansas history, but 4th grade was a very long time ago.

I indeed did. :slight_smile:

Up until my sister invited me to Sausalito and the houseboat community.
Then I helped them move to Oregon.
And here I am…

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Wow. Kansas, Sausalito, Oregon. I can only imagine. It’s a big country.

2 Likes

I left out Scottsdale.
4 years there. About 3+ years too long
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes