What's for Lunch 2015 - 2016

Yummy indeed, I never made pork rolls but shrimp rolls. Ingredient: shrimps, fine rice noodles, mint and Thai basil leaves, soy sprouts, some very fine slice of carrots, lettuce… delicious, I will try to make some very soon!

1 Like

Lunch today was leftover potatoes au gratin topped with two fried eggs w/runny yolks. Oh, baby.

3 Likes

Fish O fish! Lunch is mullet, with lemongrass, Vietnamese fish sauce. I cooked some mushrooms as side (didn’t photographed) and eat everything with Jasmin rice.

In Cambodia, Phnom Penh to be precise, I had fried fish served with “nuoc cham” which had shredded green mango in the fish sauce. I liked it so much I went back and had it again. The meal was so simple and delicious that I still remember eating it more than 10 years later.

Yesterday I overestimated the amount of pressed garlic I used in the “nuoc cham”! I always drink this sauce and end up drinking lots of water later. Yes, I drink it but with the food lol…

Today I get to stay home in the afternoon but unfortunately I can’t make any nice savoury lunch due to an unexpected temporary annoyance.

The last square of leftover potato gratin, topped with pan-fried mushrooms and two fried eggs over easy. Mm-mm-good.

2 Likes

Quiche and arugula. The quiche had carmalized onions, spinach, turkey bacon, and smoked Gouda. The arugula just had lemon juice, evoo, salt, and pepper.

6 Likes

I think that’s all arugula needs. Sometimes I’ll shave a little Parm over it. It goes so well with rich foods.

1 Like

Your quiche looked yummy - from somebody who is not a fan of quiche! :yum:

1 Like

Gnocchi with deep fried salt and pepper squid with a splash of lemon juice.

7 Likes

That soup looks very good & to make it really easy, I have a freezer filled with slow roasted tomatoes from last summer!!! Thanks, will try it soon.

We went to our favorite Korean place for lunch. We shared a veggie pancake, bibimbap, and a tofu hot pot.

3 Likes

Is this the same Korean place where you had octopus pancakes? I had kimchi hot pot in Osaka. There are probably all kinds of spicy hot pot dishes in Korean cuisine. The tofu one looks good, too. Is the tofu silky soft?

Mine today. Wet snow outside and it’s so dark at 2pm.

Had to pump up the brightness considerably due to darkness.

1 Like

Different place. The seafood pancake was in Korea Town and I only find myself there once a month or so. My regular place is in the burbs, but still very good. The tofu is very soft and silky and the broth is rich with a slight spice.
I have never cooked squid etc. at home…maybe time to change that soon.

Everybody seafood for lunch! Same here, steamed sea bass with lemongrass, garlic and nuoc nam. I just love nuoc nam, always add an extra touch.

1 Like

Well I couldn’t stay in all day yet also regretted leaving (below zero with the windchill!!)
Ramen for lunching, mine was the vegetarian version in mushroom broth with various veggies, tofu, sprouts and mushrooms. Warmed me all the way through - well, until i has to go outside again anyhow…

1 Like

Another rendition of butter & lemon braised endive for a very, very late lunch. Love that stuff.

2 Likes

Oh no, another miserable weekend! The weather that is! I sent the partner to the market to pick up a few things quickly, in the meantime I made this savoury rice porridge. Partner returned just in time to eat it together. So it was actually our second lunch. First lunch is always my favourite though: bread and cheeses (and more).

Looks like wallpaper paste LOL…

Beef balls lurking somewhere in there

Crunchy mustard tubers and bamboo shoots

2 Likes

Hurrah. Someone else who isn’t colour blind! Those French with their “crevettes grise”, eh? HAH!

As you’ll know, we have them off the coast of northwest England where many end up in our classic potted shrimps.

Yes, they are clearly mottled brown (due to extreme high iodine content, I remember reading it somewhere before). In Belgium it’s also called “grey shrimp”.

Some quick info (in pdf format).

2 Likes

Snacks for lunch. It was warm and sunny so this seemed patio appropriate. Apple, bresaola, spicy salami, nduja, avocado, and two cheeses.

4 Likes