What's For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

I roasted a chicken following the Judy Rodgers / Zuni Cafe dry brine recipe more or less:

https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-a-zuni-cafe-roasted-chicken-at-home-34903

And had some of it for dinner along with broccolini and potatoes roasted underneath the chicken tossed with sautéed garlic, parm, and scallions.

And wine.

26 Likes

I see your microwave popcorn and wave my spoonful of peanut butter in response.

8 Likes

That pizza looks terrific!

1 Like

I’m sure you know! :upside_down_face:
It will be a feast later today, maybe pictures!

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Is that a red or white wine? I’ve only had that grape as white or in a white blend. Dinner looks delish.

Halloween was a simple meal of fried chilli chicken, five spice wedges and dressed pak choi. Really nice but my enjoyment of food is sadly hampered by a massive toothache. I think it’s a wisdom tooth coming in and I just can’t wait for it to be over already.

20 Likes

Well then I say don’t knock it till you tried it. Do you like pizza with a fluffy, crispy crust? Dill pickles? Garlic sauce? If you can answer yes to all of the above, you are likely to enjoy this pie, which is so much more than the sum of all its parts: it’s fucking delicious.

2 Likes

We liked it so much the first time around, we had to get it again. :blush:

I’d def smash it, but that combo might not work on a non Deetroit style pie, what say ye?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well, the aliens DO want to make sure we humans are cooked properly, so…

3 Likes

I started the November thread here:

5 Likes

True. It would be weird on a Neapolitan pie.

There’s a pizzeria near me that opened two or three years ago proudly advertising their pickle pizza as their “specialty”. I had never heard of such a creation before, but have since seen it in a few places. Guess it is a trend? Tried a slice and thought it was bland. But then again I did not enjoy their regular pizza either. People in town love the place, but I think its overrated. The one @linguafood looked much better.

3 Likes

Pickles showing up as a random ingredient in dishes is def a trend.

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes it is a white wine. I liked it.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

Thanks for moving my post, I forgot it was already November!! That’s what being retired will do to ya :smiley:

4 Likes

Please tell me more about how you prepared this. It sounds so good. My daughter would love it; she does not eat tomato based pizzas.