What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

Easy dinner of roasted veggies and kimchi pork dumplings.

22 Likes

Your red beans and rice looks terrific! Is there a particular recipe you follow for guidance, or is this your own creation?

4 Likes

I meant to say plating.

3 Likes

Late meeting + trip to Mazda Doc to drop off car = quesadilla for dinner. White cheddar, pinto beans, salsa, salted Hunanese chiles, and cilantro

22 Likes

Both plates look delicious!

1 Like

Look at those crystals on top! Crunch!

1 Like

Clever!

Backlog of dinner reports and pics.

Tonight: Chinese again, because I got too late starting dinner and then too lazy… so we ordered in. Chicken Manchurian, Paneer soya chilli, Sichuan Chicken lollipops, Manchow soup, Wonton soup, and that’s “all” :joy:

Last night: Leftover crab curry with jumbo shrimp added to extend it. Mom had corn and burrata ravioli in a light pesto sauce.

Cheesetoast using leftover Pao / dinner rolls

Gujarati classic: Puranpoli (flatbreads stuffed with sweet dal), suran sherda (yam chunks and gram flour dumplings in a spicy gravy), plus some long beans just for balance.

Pav bhaji: spicy, mashed mixed vegetables with buttery griddled rolls

25 Likes

Thanks! I followed this recipe mostly this time:

8 Likes

Thank you!

Teriyaki kebabs from Whole Foods, local corn (Hadley MA for anyone in the area) and our tomatoes.
All very good, although the kebabs were pricey-but easy.

23 Likes

Slow-roasted salmon with lemon butter and soy on jasmine rice with kimchi and broccolini.

22 Likes

B is getting in the car right now, heading up north. ‘cept Mini is in the shop.

Here, in Greater Boston, it was sausage (from a local joint), can of harissa chickpeas, sprinkling of cilantro, and PSTOG over orecchiette. I picked around the sausage and had mine with leftover TJ’s vegan bulgogi topped with leftover collard green/tomato salad, which turned out to be tasty. The sauce was too tomato-y for me so I only took a few dabs. B politely said he liked it and had seconds. Mac and cheese for Spring Onion.

IMG_4567

IMG_4568

IMG_4575

20 Likes

Well, the extended warranty service guy didn’t show up yesterday. Put off til next Wednesday. Ok fine. So Chicken Fried Steak, doubled dipped in buttermilk/hot sauce and seasoned flour. Mashed potatoes with butter, sour cream cheddar, horseradish, s & p. Cream gravy. Greens and hot sauce for him. Not shown. The star of the show tonight was hot water cornbread dabbed with butter. Never made it before, a packet of cornbread mix, teaspoon of sugar for sweetness and hot water to thicken and fried.Yum.

23 Likes

Beef and rice- stuffed eggplant and peppers (yemista), and green beans braised in tomato sauce with dill. I used some Stefano brand Marinara sauce for braising the green beans, and I’ll do that again.

16 Likes

Kindasortashawarmapita. Skinned and deboned 4 chicken thighs, mixed them with a couple of heaped tablespoons of rose harissa, formed into a parchment wrapped cylinder and baked for about 35 minutes. Unwrapped when cool, sliced, and stuffed into pitas with tahini, yogurt, slaw , chopped tomatoes and a few dashes Tabasco. A mug of Jewish penicillin on the side. No photos, messy as all get out, but really good.

17 Likes

I ran into an acquaintance at the pharmacy a few weeks ago and upon hearing of our medical woes she offered to bring dinner tonight. So dinner was salmon, pilaf, and greek salad. While contemplating reheating, son texted to say he was coming for dinner so I made him a sandwich with chimichurri

24 Likes

Prime filet of beef and baby zuccs on the grill. Aglio e olio con pomodorini e basilico.

Squash, tomatoes, basil and parsley from the garden.

23 Likes

Hot & sour broccoli, eggplant and sole. Quick and easy and not half bad!

23 Likes

Spicy Thai Pork Tenderloin Salad Recipe from Favorite Summer Salads thread. I added carrot and snow peas and eliminated the red bell pepper. Beefeater rocks.

https://www.hungryonion.org/t/favorite-summer-salads/5857/167

24 Likes