What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

Yup. Loathe it. It’s baby food to me. Can only have it as a very savory soup or pie.

1 Like

That’s a very impressive sausage.

5 Likes

“that’s what.”

-she

11 Likes

No pictures, I forgot! Leftover rotisserie chicken with home grown tomatoes and local lettuce on Dave multigrain bread with a little New-bridge Pub dressing. Perfect summer dinner,
Kitchen reno in the construction mode, out of the demo mode, beginning of the end!

12 Likes

I totally missed that! :smiley:

1 Like

Epitome of a summer meal. Beautiful evening at Martine’s River House in New Hope, PA. Two whole days off in a row without work or lectures felt like a vacation and we made the most of it. I enjoyed bruschetta topped with crabmeat and BF had a salad with grilled chicken. Bombay Sapphire Martini for me, beer for him. Views of the river are spectacular, as was the weather.

29 Likes

Abendbrot again: the last of that scrumptious sourdough from the FM, San Daniele prosciutto, fennel salami, 3-milk cheese, the last of the white anchovies (all MINE :smiling_imp:), marinated zukes, a caprese with fior di latte mozzarella & not-so-great Italian tomatoes from the Italian market, and arugula with lemon dressing, parm & pink shrimp – a salad I had ages ago at an Italian place in my hometown. So simple, yet such a perfect combo. Positively stuffed now & ready to chill.

25 Likes

Salad of romano beans, cherry tomatoes, feta, crispy garlic croutons and lemon vinaigrette. Lamb merguez.

28 Likes

Burger craving hit hard today.
Semi-smashed cheese burger glazed with bbq sauce/grilled bbq onions/kosher dills and mayo on a toasted sesame bun with a side of crispy(frozen) fries and a squirt of catsup. Hit the spot bigly .

26 Likes

Deck herbs are going crazy.
Minced some rosemary, thyme, and oregano with garlic, and mixed with s/p and olive oil, and spread it under the skin and on top of a mongo-sized Frankenchicken breast. Roasted at 400° until done, basting twice.

Green beans and leftover rice pilaf alongside.

And a silly pic of the new kid, Murphy.

35 Likes

Grilled veggie burgers. I grilled them up before B came home and thought to myself, “oh boy, he’s not gonna be excited by dinner/hockey pucks.”

IMG_4565

But I had gone to our local farm down the street and stocked up on beautiful sourdough bread, good early-ish (for Boston) tomatoes, collard greens (thanks to @ChristinaM for the idea of raw shredded collard salad a couple of years ago, which I love). I thawed out garlic scape pesto and pulled together a semblance of dinner. Good beer helped the cause tonight.

IMG_4566

26 Likes

It doesn’t matter how big the sofa is, if you are a cat it is never big enough :slight_smile: How is Murphy getting along with Alfie?

Your chicken dnner looks good.

2 Likes

Tonight’s dinner is peanut butter noodles with cucumbers. This is one dish I am not good at playing…

20 Likes

how are they settling in? Friends?

1 Like

It’s Murphy and Finnegan. Alfie was the cow cat I lost earlier this year. As for the two orange boys, they are doing well. Finn still hisses at Murph if he gets startled by him, but they have been eating next to each other for over a week with no issues, and while they might never be cuddle-buddies the way Alfie and Finny were, we had this VERY calm close encounter yesterday evening.

27 Likes

DH and I cooking jointly tonight, this lovely summer evening.

Grilled chicken wings. Garden slaw in a creamy carrot-ginger dressing. ATK’s blueberry corn bread. A bit of doctored-up Frank’s Hot Sauce for dipping. It was all delicioso!

23 Likes

Okra Mac and Cheese with Andouille Sausage, broccoli that tasted like Styrofoam. Tomato, cucumber, red onion salad, balsamic vinegar & oo dressing, basil. Perfect weather for a g&t and there was wine with.

Pink Marshmallow fuchsia bloom.

26 Likes

What kitty is doing is actually a scientific movement. I can’t explain it all but it has to do with measuring gait, upstairs and downstairs.

4 Likes

Red beans and rice

27 Likes

Teriyaki chicken

21 Likes