What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

That pizza is perfection. I forgot - do you grill your pizza, have a steel, or a designated pizza oven?

What a lovely char on that pizza. Bravo!

Thank you! It was so good, we’ll have it again tonight. :yum:

1 Like

Thank you!

I bake on a stone in an electric oven, set at 550 degrees convection. Preheat the stone for at least an hour.

2 Likes

This looks amazing!

1 Like

Thank you! I linked the recipes for each in the Portuguese cuisine thread, for anyone who wants to try them. This came together pretty quickly for a weeknight meal!

1 Like

Ok, that’s what we do, too. Maybe the dough recipe? Forgive me if you’ve already shared it :slight_smile:

I use Lahey’s No Knead Pizza Dough. It’s simple, and I’ve had consistent results.

5 Likes

Breakfast for dinner.
2 eggs side by each, face the sun, bacon, tomatoes, cucumbers, a few crispy fries I had to use up from the freezer and some toasted baguette.

25 Likes

Tacos on flour tortillas using up the last of the stuffed eggplant and garnished with yogurt, scallions, cilantro, and peanuts. Good but very, very messy!

24 Likes

We’re having BLT’s with some of our homegrown tomatoes along with local corn on the cob. A fleeting, simple, delicious feast.

14 Likes

Flat breads tonight, pepperoni and a tomato-basil-mozz.
A jar of Classico pizza sauce, cheese & roni from Market Basket, tomatoes and basil from the back yard.
Easy Peasy, DH heading out for an evening event.

9 Likes

TJ’s trofie and jarred Bolognese sauce with buttered winter veg mix. Nicely low effort after a busy day.

23 Likes

What kind of flat bread base do you like?

1 Like

I made these sandwiches with some modifications (I don’t like quite so much cumin and paprika on anything) to my liking and using homemade flour tortillas for wraps instead. Delicious!

18 Likes

Annie’s White Cheddar shells, baked beans from a can, beef strips tossed with steak seasoning and stir-fried, leftover roasted eggplant dipped in mayo, rolled in Panko and baked at 400 °until golden.

9 Likes

Plopping this here, from cookware, for more eyeballs.

1 Like

Zucchini pizza redux.

22 Likes

Grilled street fajitas. Chicken, poblano, bells, onion, pico and sour cream. Elote salad. Bloody Maria and margaritas. Hermiston watermelon for dessert.

22 Likes

We have been using Stone Fire for the past few years.
We split one for lunch with some salad or 2 for dinner.
Add our toppings of choice. Into the toaster oven on the rack for maybe 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Very consistent and we like the crunchy crust.

16 Likes