What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

thanks! Target! But we actually found the set in the lobby of our apartment! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Can confirm :joy:

Lunch today at a new-ish Pho place one town over. We started with shrimp/pork fresh spring rolls. A little over stuffed but very fresh with a good peanut sauce. Spicy beef soup for me and a a pork/shrimp vermicelli bowl for DH. Both were very good, the pork was excellent and the heat in my soup was perfect, not overpowering. Thai basil, mung beans and 3 different sauces to add. He ate all of his, I have left overs which I will suplement with some left over grilled flank steak.

Dinner was grilled chicken thighs marinated in a gochujang sauce/teriyaki sauce combo, served with Thai cucumber salad and sliced tomato. (and wine)

21 Likes

I finally, finally made matar paneer, which has been on my meal plan for ages. I combined this recipe with this one and was pleased with the results over brown rice.

23 Likes

Roast duck legs with plum, zucchini fritters, breaded eggplant, corn, roasted potatoes. Billy Miner Pie (ice cream)

9 Likes

Zucchini pizza on a semi-whole wheat crust. Garden tomatoes and kalamata olives on the side. To drink: nectar of the gods(gazpacho).

23 Likes

A small patty melt, sourdough bread, caramelized onion, chorizo/pork patty, manchego cheese. A large salad, little gem, radicchio. radish, tomato, green onion, ranch.

25 Likes

Ploughman’s sandwich with butter, Branston pickle, grated Cheddar, ham, tomato, and arugula on rye, and some frozen fries cooked in the air fryer.

25 Likes

That pizza is perfection. I forgot - do you grill your pizza, have a steel, or a designated pizza oven?

What a lovely char on that pizza. Bravo!

Thank you! It was so good, we’ll have it again tonight. :yum:

1 Like

Thank you!

I bake on a stone in an electric oven, set at 550 degrees convection. Preheat the stone for at least an hour.

2 Likes

This looks amazing!

1 Like

Thank you! I linked the recipes for each in the Portuguese cuisine thread, for anyone who wants to try them. This came together pretty quickly for a weeknight meal!

1 Like

Ok, that’s what we do, too. Maybe the dough recipe? Forgive me if you’ve already shared it :slight_smile:

I use Lahey’s No Knead Pizza Dough. It’s simple, and I’ve had consistent results.

5 Likes

Breakfast for dinner.
2 eggs side by each, face the sun, bacon, tomatoes, cucumbers, a few crispy fries I had to use up from the freezer and some toasted baguette.

25 Likes

Tacos on flour tortillas using up the last of the stuffed eggplant and garnished with yogurt, scallions, cilantro, and peanuts. Good but very, very messy!

24 Likes

We’re having BLT’s with some of our homegrown tomatoes along with local corn on the cob. A fleeting, simple, delicious feast.

14 Likes

Flat breads tonight, pepperoni and a tomato-basil-mozz.
A jar of Classico pizza sauce, cheese & roni from Market Basket, tomatoes and basil from the back yard.
Easy Peasy, DH heading out for an evening event.

9 Likes