What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

The ziti looks interesting - thanks for the reference. I, too, would do a half recipe, so glad to hear that works.

1 Like

COVID has hit our household, so I made chicken noodle soup with homemade long-simmered stock yesterday. Dished up a second helping for my hubs and then forgot and left the pot out overnight on the counter. :sob:

I am leaning toward boiling the remainder and serving it just to us adults. Am I sick? Aside from sick with COVID, I mean.

20 Likes

Nachos

17 Likes

Ugh, sorry to hear this. Hope you and the fam are feeling better soon.

1 Like

That’s too bad, but I wouldn’t risk it. Maybe you can lean on a friend for some more comfort food.

5 Likes

Last night’s dinner was a spring roll bowl using some salmon trimmings I bought on sale awhile ago. I have enough for two servings as well as a whole trout I bought on sale and got a ton of ideas of what to do with them here. I’ve made this spring roll bowl several times and I love the taste that the herbs, lime juice and fish sauce bring to the dish. I added carrots and broccoli stocks as the vegetables.

18 Likes

Oy. Sorry to hear your household’s got the crud. It’s bound to get us all at some point, but I hope it’s a mild version.

As for leaving the food out over night… I’ve lost track how often I’ve done this, and I’m alive & able to reply :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I hope you all are on the mend ASAP.

I would toss the soup.

3 Likes

Is that a really large spoon, or a really small bowl? Or both? :rofl:

Hope everyone gets well soon.

4 Likes

Oh darn! That is a fine looking bowl of chicken soup! Get you and the fam well soon! Has school started yet for your kiddo?

1 Like

From right to left.

Birria, cod and pork

16 Likes

Ugh. My friend was just telling me about it having hit our nyc circle recently.

Wish you all a speedy recovery, and as mild a case as possible. That soup looks like just the thing.

1 Like

Nah, not for another two weeks. But he’s missing camp. :melting_face:

2 Likes

Is that tortilla-less?

Neither? Weird angle, I guess :joy:

:crossed_fingers:t2:Just tried a bowl for lunch.

5 Likes

Too bad. (We need a care button, rather than only a like button)

4 Likes

I would definitely toss it! It’s not worth taking a chance of getting sicker.

If y’all never hear back from me, it was either the soup or the COVID. :joy:

4 Likes

My cousin’s son started school yesterday here in LA. Seems very early. School didn’t start until after labor day here when I was a kid. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth…

4 Likes