What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

Thank you! It was really good. :yum:

That’s the method my MIL would employ cooking anything. Horrible, gross, unfathomable, inedible. She made a dish called mock something that we’d all run from.

1 Like

Seared pork tenderloin and then roasted in a little beer. While resting (the meat, not me) I added bbq sauce to the beer and simmered for a few minutes. Cofftc charred with onions, red bell and a smidge of serrano. Broccoli, red onion, tomato salad with ranch and a sprinkle of bacon.

21 Likes

This is slightly embarrassing to admit, but we never had any luck steaming asparagus way back when.,. So about twenty years I ate canned asparagus/lean meat and lost 30 pounds. The next time I went to my hairdresser she exclaimed over my weight loss and asked the secret., I mentioned canned asparagus and lean met. A week later when I went to the grocery store the canned asparagus counter which was usually chocked full was completely empty. She spread the word I guess.,You know how hairdressers are.:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

No picture. Last night I made the ‘Cast Iron Baked Ziti’ from ATK’s 2001-2023 Cookbook. I had seen it on their ATK ‘from home’ show the other day. I made a few modifications (I halved the recipe, used rotini instead of ziti and a few other changes) and it was quite good! I’m leaning toward less intense tomato sauces these days and the blistered grape tomatoes in this dish were a delight. Something I will create again!

9 Likes

I took that leftover can of asparagus in the fridge . It was not for me. So out of respect to the asparagus i fed it to the deer . She came by this evening and ate it with some leftover angel hair pasta . Im sitting on the deck she was six feet away . I said bring your family tomorrow. I cutting limbs on the apple tree loaded with apples . They will be on the ground.

14 Likes

Pan fried, crispy skinned, salmon, pickled green beans and red onions, tomatoes, romaine and shaved Parmigianino Reggiano.

17 Likes

The ziti looks interesting - thanks for the reference. I, too, would do a half recipe, so glad to hear that works.

1 Like

COVID has hit our household, so I made chicken noodle soup with homemade long-simmered stock yesterday. Dished up a second helping for my hubs and then forgot and left the pot out overnight on the counter. :sob:

I am leaning toward boiling the remainder and serving it just to us adults. Am I sick? Aside from sick with COVID, I mean.

20 Likes

Nachos

17 Likes

Ugh, sorry to hear this. Hope you and the fam are feeling better soon.

1 Like

That’s too bad, but I wouldn’t risk it. Maybe you can lean on a friend for some more comfort food.

5 Likes

Last night’s dinner was a spring roll bowl using some salmon trimmings I bought on sale awhile ago. I have enough for two servings as well as a whole trout I bought on sale and got a ton of ideas of what to do with them here. I’ve made this spring roll bowl several times and I love the taste that the herbs, lime juice and fish sauce bring to the dish. I added carrots and broccoli stocks as the vegetables.

18 Likes

Oy. Sorry to hear your household’s got the crud. It’s bound to get us all at some point, but I hope it’s a mild version.

As for leaving the food out over night… I’ve lost track how often I’ve done this, and I’m alive & able to reply :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I hope you all are on the mend ASAP.

I would toss the soup.

3 Likes

Is that a really large spoon, or a really small bowl? Or both? :rofl:

Hope everyone gets well soon.

4 Likes

Oh darn! That is a fine looking bowl of chicken soup! Get you and the fam well soon! Has school started yet for your kiddo?

1 Like

From right to left.

Birria, cod and pork

16 Likes

Ugh. My friend was just telling me about it having hit our nyc circle recently.

Wish you all a speedy recovery, and as mild a case as possible. That soup looks like just the thing.

1 Like

Nah, not for another two weeks. But he’s missing camp. :melting_face:

2 Likes