What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

There’s a time and place for everything. Muss alles seine Ordnung haben.

2 Likes

Spanish-inspired chicken with mashed potatoes for dinner tonight.

Chicken was flavored iwth garlic, smoked paprika, vinegar, and onions and baked till the skin crisped up. (Ok, slightly more than that because I popped in the shower… erm…)

Mashed potatoes were simple, just s&p, milk, and butter.

Very tasty and quite comforting. We love our mashed potatoes, and it’s been a while since we had any!

Enough leftover for a second meal, which is also nice.

(Mom had mixed leftovers – veg and paneer cutlets and umami noodles.)

26 Likes

:hear_no_evil:That’s a winner​:speak_no_evil:

Flat breads tonight, cleaning out the fridge and freezer for appliance delivery tomorrow.
A salami and a mozzarella - basil. We think the toaster oven thermostat is on fritz. Oven seems to be overheating and the convection setting doesn’t seem to be working. Needed more basil!

25 Likes

Those mashed potatoes are calling to me. I love them with texture like that.

4 Likes

Made the Soy Sauce Braised Wild Mushroom Noodles from the Woks of Life again tonight. We’re back to dreary, wet weather, so this was a nice pick me up!

25 Likes

Entrecôte (ribeye) with green olive tapenade butter from Food & Wine, green beans with roasted cherry tomatoes.

27 Likes

I love having days off. I’m still dealing with emails I can respond to or pass to someone else, but I’m technically not working.

Wanted chicken for dinner.
Had fresh COTC I need to strip and freeze.
Combined both in tonight’s meal.

B/S chicken breast seasoned with olive oil and Hubba Hubba Foods’ Dip Me Daddio seasoning mix and pan-seared in butter and olive oil and finished in the toaster oven.

One cup of corn was saved from what was cut off cobs, and was whirled in a small FP with some corn stock, s/p, and dried thyme. Blended it all with s bit of heavy cream for a sauce.

Pappardelle was cooked and mixed with corn sauce, served with slices of chicken and extra cooked corn kernels, toasted Panko crumbs and dried parsley.

There was wine. Because HEY! It’s still the weekend for me.

28 Likes

Leftovers for two tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

DH’s hot wings on the grill. Coleslaw with carrot-ginger dressing. Blueberry pie.

I forgot to take a photo!

12 Likes

dinner

Today in “let’s eat everything on the balcony in case it dies while we’re on vacation,” Sungold tomatoes with cucumber, dill, capers and poached sole; Premio tomatoes with mozz and basil. Whatever happens, I’m cool with it.

21 Likes

Chicken mole thighs. Street corn salad, charred fresh corn, tomato, avocado, red onion, cilantro, mayo & sour cream with a squeeze of lime dressing, cotija cheese. Sangria.

22 Likes

Last night’s bday dinner for me - nothing at all fancy (had dinner out the night before, brunch in the daytime, and the big Stinson bday weekend last week), but since i’ve been eating so differently lately, i “splurged” and had a BLT and corn on the cob with butter! Deelightful!

BLT 8.6.23

and tonight, BF made a light and lovely gazpacho with tomatillos, cukes and other yummy things, copy-catted from a restaurant i went to years ago, now closed. Also, salad, MOAR COTC, and my pan con tomate. Summertime!

28 Likes

Happy Birthday!

2 Likes

Egg fried rice

21 Likes

thank you!

lovely looking and sounding!

1 Like

Happy birthday! Cheers! :cocktail:

1 Like

Grazie!

1 Like

Tonight I made Spezzatino, which is Italian beef stew. What differentiates this as Italian from the other beef stews (such as Bourgignon) we have made? I couldn’t tell you. The herbs, rosemary and thyme, are the same. There was supposed to be sage, but I didn’t have any and did not feel like buying a whole packet to use literally only two leaves. There was also supposed to be mushrooms but I forgot to put them on the list, and they themselves do not necessarily make the meal Italian. There’s plenty of wine (I used Apothic Pinot Noir) but not as much as French stews. Maybe it was the excessive amount of chopped garlic I added. Whatever the case, this was an excuse to ask BF to bake his foccacia which is one of my favorite dishes he makes. He kneaded roasted garlic cloves into the dough, and topped it with olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and rosemary from our garden. It perfectly mopped up the stew. I also made mashed potatoes, but I personally did not need them because of the bread and it mostly went untouched. I’ll try to repurpose the leftovers.

Drinks outside while it finished in the oven. Thunder and lightning chased us in shortly. Fitting since we were watching an old horror movie with dinner.

29 Likes