What's For Dinner #95 - the Hot Fun in the Summertime Edition - July 2023

Fried pork chop. Greens out of the garden. Homemade applesauce. Baked sweet potato with butter, brown sugar and sour cream.

21 Likes

A repeat of the halibut burgers, here with tarter and shredded cabbage. Carrot slaw and cukes in vinaigrette on the side.

Veggies all from the garden.

22 Likes

Family visiting. For most of us, wonderful halibut made per Ina Garten’s mustard roasted fish recipe, farm green beans, steamed new potatoes with TPSTOB (added post photo). For my BIL, a huge bowl of fresh picked lobster with a side of melted butter, baguette on the side. Everyone was happy.

26 Likes

Went thrifting after my drs appt. It was another sunny day and since it was Tuesday I went to the harbor for an early dinner of street tacos at La Playa. One each lengua, birria and carnitas. I went back for hot sauce. Delicious. To drink a triple chocolate malt from Slugs and Stones.

My only thrift find, a Manhattan glass.

25 Likes

Hopefully this blip was an aberration and things will be better.

1 Like

Tonight I made Chinese tomato & egg stir fry. I’d made it a couple of times before a long time ago and loved it. i looked at a few different recipes, one that added garlic, the another that added ginger, so I used both. Also, Shaoxing wine, white pepper, sesame oil, scallions, salt and a little sugar. It could have used a little more salt but it’s still a delicious, very comforting dish, with those soft scrambled eggs. Added Chinese sausage to the BF’s.

22 Likes

Had to clean out the fridge before going grocery shopping. Some baked Brussel sprouts with onions and garlic, baked mini goldens and Stella Cava with burnt garlic sauce.

25 Likes

Welcome to WFD @ECtrumpet!!!

7 Likes

That lobster and butter is calling my name. Wow.

3 Likes

He kept saying all he wanted was a big bowl of lobster meat and a side of melted butter so we made that happen! He was the happiest guy, it was so worth it! And the rest of us enjoyed our meals probably just as much. I forgot to mention, blueberry pie for dessert.

10 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Nice glass!

1 Like

"Twas kismet, Knob Creek is my favorite bourbon.

1 Like

i have to say i’d have been right there with him!

1 Like

welcome to the kitchen!

My favorite brioche buns are the TJ’s version. slightly less sweetness than the ones I’ve found in various grocery stores, which at least in my area i suspect to come from the same few suppliers. The TJ’s ones are our favorite for burgers.

6 Likes

They disappeared, so no pictures, but we had pizzas made from Chris Bianco’s pizza dough recipe using (finally!) Caputo pizza flour. Far too good, we all had waaay too much. Since each of us devoured almost a whole 10" pizza, we just laid around later making a vow to show restraint next time. Caputo flour for the win. LOL I’m still not hungry and it’s the next morning.

12 Likes

Whole Chickens were on sale, (digital coupons) so I picked one up. I slow cooked the bird in a crock pot. Paired with some rice-a-roni and mixed vegetables and it made for a nice dinner. Sunshine enjoys the dark meat, so she got both of the legs. I had a piece of the breast.
I picked the remainder of the meat off of the bones and and froze it. We’ll probably get two more meals out of that bird.

12 Likes

Welcome to this forum. Your plate looks delicious.

Armed with 6 Covid vaccine and booster shots,…Yup! 6!! I managed to successfully evade the bug during the past 12 months. However, all good things must come to an end and 9 days ago, an unknown strain of Covid finally caught up to me and I was tested positive!!
Symptoms started off with muscle and joint pains plus a fever of 102.9F. This was followed by extreme fatigue, a really, really nasty sore throat and the onset of cough with phlegm. Neocitran Total Cold was extremely useful in lowering the fever and minimizing the severity of the other symptoms"

COVID POSITIVE - DAY #9!

Stubborn cough and phlegm are still lingering. Home isolation with plenty of time to kill!. Therefore, I decided to make Rosy and myself a laborious and time consuming, extravagant Cantonese classic, slow-cooked dish - " Braised Goose Web with Chinese Shitake Mushroom, Sun Dried Scallops, Chinese JinHua Ham, Fish Maw, Abalone in Abalone and oyster Sauce " …what a lavish and exorbitant side dish to go with our instant noodle! Ha! 😋😂

17 Likes