What's For Dinner #95 - the Hot Fun in the Summertime Edition - July 2023

Those Caesar salads! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

They were very nice and split it in the kitchen for us. Had a very nice lemony element.

3 Likes

Pan-roasted chicken thighs. Pasta with Sophia Loren’s bay-laden tomato sauce (courtesy of The Guardian). Grilled zucchini.

If one must have dessert, there’s another blueberry pie in the wings.

I thought Sophia’s tomato sauce was great. Super simple, fresh and bright. A good application for garden tomatoes. I will make again.

26 Likes

Shrimp tostadas again. Sous-vide Key West pink shrimp cut in half on tostada shells with salsa Mexicana and mayonnaise.

22 Likes

Sounds perfect!

5 Likes
9 Likes

I went down a rabbit hole researching those. Very cool!

1 Like

I made bamieh with braised beef, garden zucchini, and chickpeas, cobbling together ideas from Persiana and online sources. The chickpeas and zucchini were my additions to increase fiber/veg and stretch the meat across more servings. This was really delicious, especially over bulgur.

23 Likes

Last night’s dinner was vegetarian chow mein and the last Korean short rib from the freezer.

19 Likes

That looks good. I’m guessing the tomatoes go in at step 5 of building the sauce. What did you do?

Searching online for Old Monk rum at the VA state controlled liquor store…

1 Like

When she was a younger lady and perpetual pinup, she famously said - all you see, I owe to pasta. If only! I’ve been trying that pasta diet for years and it doesn’t work! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Pasta and genetics!

3 Likes

Genetics.

6 Likes

I’d be intrigued to know if you find it (it’s delicious, local Indian rum that I carry back).

I added the rum first and let it sizzle for a minute. Then used a 14.5 oz. can of salt-free diced tomatoes (instead of puree), and then water to cover. Worked fine!

2 Likes

Apparently VA ABC stores carry it! #weekendgoals

1 Like

I found ours here in Waltham at Dion’s on Lexington St.!

2 Likes

Just saw this. Herzliches Beileid.

1 Like

Have the house to myself for awhile tonight. Chinese buffet takeout was in order. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. Last of the spicey chili crisp (need to buy more) and hot mustard.

20 Likes