What's For Dinner #95 - the Hot Fun in the Summertime Edition - July 2023

More freezer and fridge clean-out.

Carnitas with a range of options: refries, pico de gallo, queso, avocado, sriracha mayo, and roasted squash. Storebought tortillas to hold it all together.

28 Likes

Your yard looks just like mine.

1 Like

Roasted chicken thigh seasoned with s&p, paprika with stroganoff sauce. Asparagus, lemon, caper butter. Spinach salad, hbe and bacon, sweet and tangy dressing.

26 Likes

Started making shrimp scampi but then added a zucchini because I am a veggie lunatic. :grin:

28 Likes

Wow!! Please kindly attach eating instructions for how to bite into that beast! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I like it!

2 Likes

Casual dinner with friends over for a playdate. We grilled chicken thighs and made mac and cheese, creamy cucumber salad, COTC (not pictured), and served assorted leftover salads and sauces from last night’s Korean-American feast.

27 Likes

Red Chileatole with mushrooms - You first build the base by dry roasting chiles (chipotle and ancho), tomatoes, onion, garlic and cumin and make a paste in the mixer. The base is mixed with vegetable broth and mixed mushrooms (oyster, shiitake, cremini, button, king oyster), thickened with a masa harina slurry and cooked. Finished with some cilantro.

19 Likes

What in the world would you call that? “Enough?”

Mine

3 Likes

Teenagers and their Tik Tok’s edition. Salmon (broiled) avocado rice bowl. Finished with Kewpie, tamari, mirin and red pepper flakes.

18 Likes

Ta-da! Pork tenderloin and a mango salad.

28 Likes

That salad looks delicious! What type of dressing did you put on it?

2 Likes

Thank you! Nước Chấm. That may have been the best part!

7 Likes

Nước Chấm - my favourite dressing! I will definitely have to make this salad.

1 Like

Please share when you do! I was trying to figure it out from a picture in the link and I’m sure it could use a tweak. I added tomatoes after I took the picture.

1 Like

Though rain was predicted, the weather stayed nice and I decided to grill. Jerk chicken using my usual recipe but instead of individual spices I used a package of jerk season I bought at a little African/Caribbean store I recently stumbled upon. The mix was “ok” but I’ll probably save it for emergencies rather than use it on a regular basis. Served with sautéed cabbage, plantain chips and rice. I though I has some red beans left in the freezer but didn’t so I mixed the rice with a can of Lebanese ful I had in the pantry.

21 Likes

Lol. I have a pile of spice mix samples I’m saving for “the armeggedon”.

8 Likes

Wow! Bravo!! :pinched_fingers: :clap: