What's For Dinner #93 - the Grow Grow Grow Your Garden Edition - May 2023

Celebrated a bit of fabulous news (negative biopsy, no spread) yesterday by heading to a favorite small plates place in town, as the gay bar doesn’t serve food on Mondays.

I didn’t want to risk being served shrimp atop a fryer oil slick again, so I got my other favorites from the menu: chargrilled oysters with leek butter & smoked lamb lollipops with slaw and jalapeño coins. A Calvados 75 to warsh it all down. Nightcap(s) at the gay bar that was quieter than usual.

35 Likes

Pollo guisado with a ton of sauteed veggies: cabbage, cilantro, onions, garlic, green garlic, carrots, green beans, poblano pepper, jalapeno, and potatoes, then added Sazon, smoked paprika, cumin, a little tomato paste, oregano, and bay leaf, and homemade chicken stock. Wished it had stayed a little more brothy, but i made it yesterday afternoon and the potatoes sucked up some of it. Still, super homey goodness. on the side, my chicken bouillon rice, BF’s salsa fresca, and a dollop of crema brought it all together. Leftovers for another night.

20 Likes

This looks freaking amazing! :heart:

2 Likes

BEST. NEWS. EVER! :champagne: :clinking_glasses: :tada: :hearts:

8 Likes

Watching tv while eating is not good for your digestion!

2 Likes

Depends on the show. Our go-to for dinner at the kitchen counter (we fancy like that) is the Simpsons. Or a cooking/food program :slight_smile:

Yaaaay! Congratulations on the good news!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! A negative biopsy years ago led to a complete career career change for me.

3 Likes

Thank you! It was yum. :yum:

1 Like

Hallelujah!

3 Likes

Watching the Rangers isn’t good for anything! :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Great news indeed, worthy of celebration, so glad to hear it!!!

2 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Dinner tonight was a Thai green curry with chicken, red pepper strips, and bok choy. Rice noodles on the side.

15 Likes

Tonight’s dinner equals the coloration of the day: gray skies, hard downpouring rain for (literally) 10-15 seconds, sun a few minutes later, more gray stormy clouds, then another downpour…All. Day. Long. :cloud::cloud_with_rain::sun_behind_small_cloud: Meanwhile, the grass is getting greener and trees are budding. So that’s a :heavy_plus_sign:

Dinner was Hamburger Stroganoff (gray clouds) over egg noodles (sun) with peas and parsley (grass and trees).

Yeah, I know I’m stretching the weather/food metaphors, but it’s what came to mind as I was plating and debating taking a picture of what is often known as S.O.S. This pic was not quite so horrible, so I’ll subject you to it as well.

20230502_192617

23 Likes

YAY!!! So glad to hear!

1 Like

Best news of the day!!!

1 Like

That looks so much like Ma’s tuna and noodles; peas on top and everything.
I’m sure somewhere S.O.S has got to be better than it looks. For many, it was a meal and a lucky meal as it was. Sorry not for my palate, no matter how good the seasoning is.

4 Likes

I know it’s not for everyone. It’s a 1x or 2x a year comfort meal for me.

2 Likes

That news is good cause for celebration! I’m happy for you ( been through a bunch of that sh!t myself).

3 Likes