What's For Dinner #93 - the Grow Grow Grow Your Garden Edition - May 2023

That salad is beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you!

Want! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Very nice! Special occasion?

Thanks!

Pan pizza with two cheeses, fresh basil, Boar’s Head pepperoni and black olives. Served with garden greens in a homemade Caesar dressing.

17 Likes

Nah, just using up the last of the scant groceries I bought before I leave again!

1 Like

Goat liver and onions. Little bit of salad and beans . With sautéed Porcini and Morels. Cheers.

16 Likes

Chicken and andouille gumbo, following this recipe:

18 Likes

Farfalle with ground lamb (cooked with oregano, parsley, ancho chili, cumin, coriander, garlic, harissa and heavy cream) and mustard greens. Topped with toasted panko and parmesan

11 Likes

Beautiful! I love a good gumbo and that looks very tasty.

1 Like

Thanks! It came out pretty good. Easy to make too aside from the workout of stirring the roux for awhile.

1 Like

My apologies! Here’s the June 2023 edition.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #94 - the White Rabbit Edition - June 2023

Lol even the green things are beige.

Are they served with broth for dipping?

No, they have stew inside, so they’re brothy (or are supposed to be!) inside. here’s a pic of what they should look like inside:

they’re usually served with the Bolivian hot salsa llajwa - which we made too. You’re supposed to bite one end of the salteña (they’re a hand-held food), taking care not to let the broth spill out, adding a spoonful of llajwa into the salteña after each bite, then eat your way down. Our broth was much thicker, we have to work on that.

ours turned out a little more like this:

(none of these are my pics, by the way.)

8 Likes

Yum! That’s a labor of love. Cool about the hot sauce with each bite - I do that sometimes with dumplimg-type foods.

I only asked because in the dinner photo there appears to be a bowl of something brown by your plates.

1 Like

that’s the llajwa! but ours came out very brown, because he used red chilies instead of green.

yep, i do that with dumplings too. yum. now i’m hungry all over again.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #94 - the White Rabbit Edition - June 2023