What's for Dinner #92 - the Fool Me Once Edition - April 2023

Pad Thai

18 Likes

That looks delish! But… are those jalapeños?

Pickled serranos. I usually serve my pad thai with those, chopped peanuts, fermented thai chiles (sometimes mix chile oil made from those into the sauce), and cilantro on the side for each person to add to their liking.

4 Likes

Be right over :slight_smile:

1 Like

Speedy recovery!!

Thank you so much! Safely ensconced on the couch, kitty by my side, minimal pain.

Takeout 'za will be FD :slight_smile:

22 Likes

that is a great update!

2 Likes

Best wishes for your speedy recovery!

2 Likes

The SeaPig - Toasted torpedo roll with surimi salad, bacon, tomato, and melted Swiss

15 Likes

Rice bowl with jasmine rice, smoke-roasted salmon and baby bok choy sautéed in butter, soy and lemon juice. Easy and tasty.

21 Likes

Everything went as well as it could, and I was back home around 3pm. I’ve been camped out on the couch, chonk by my side (chonk-to-chonk, so to speak :joy: ), chugging gallons of wooder.

We tried a new-to-us pizza place that’s not open on w/ends – the main reason we haven’t had it before, as we usually only order pizza for poker games. It’s gotten very good reviews in a local food group, and the owners are super nice.

Got their “special,” with onions, peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni & sausage. I give it a whole-hearted ‘meh.’ The dough had no remarkable flavor (likely lacking salt), although the texture was good: nice crunch with a chew. Sauce was not too sweet, cheese not too heavy, the whole thing not too greasy.

However, the toppings were where they really lost most of the points: CANNED mushrooms are a crime against culinary humanity. The end.

We’d consider just ordering margaritas ahead for Friday poker games we host & add our own toppings, but TBH my PIC makes some great pizza magic with TJ’s dough. Cheaper, too, and better toppings :yum:

21 Likes

Fridge and freezer clean-out skillet dinner: ground chuck, onions, and carrots - stirred with leftover beef-stew gravy. Baby peas for something green. An island of champ potatoes leftover from last night (even better the next day).

16 Likes

leftover borscht, with dill i froze and then took out an hour before dinner to chop. sadly, turned really dark as it sat in the fridge, but it still tasted great.

17 Likes

Razor clams and mussels with scallion, garlic and parsley. Clams were a little gritty - should’ve soaked them, probably.

Artichoke with two sauces, chimichurri & horseradish sour cream. I somehow managed to burn the artichoke, which I did not think was possible. Live and learn!

I felt like eating things that take a long time to eat. Mission accomplished!

19 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was basa fillet curry with snow peas and red pepper strips. Served over rice noodles.

15 Likes

Burrito on homemade flour tortilla with Beecher’s cheese, refried pinto beans, rice, sour cream, salsa, and roasted poblano pepper.

20 Likes

Duck ragu with chestnuts and red wine over spaghetti - duck legs were marinated in red wine overnight and then braised with onion, celery, carrots, chestnuts and sage in a mixture of the marinade and duck stock.

14 Likes

So springy!

1 Like

Wowzah!

1 Like

Those furr-burrs do make nice heating pads when needed, but not cold packs! Here’s to a speedy recovery! Take out can be a blessed reward for all your hard work.

1 Like