What's for Dinner #92 - the Fool Me Once Edition - April 2023

That’s about how I’ve done my garnet (sweet potato) fries, but I still haven’g gotten them as crispy as I’d like without the ends starting to torch. The learning process never ends for us students in like.

1 Like

Lamb tacos, from the leftover tamarind lamb chop fail on Sunday (wiped clean and spiced with some cumin and cayenne.) Lovely. and the BF’s cuke/radish salad on the side.

19 Likes

Chin up - TGIF tomorrow!!

3 Likes

:grinning:Bucket List!

It hit 80 today on outer Cape Cod and my DH hit 70. We celebrated with a dinner out. Filet with risotto and asparagus for him and a steaming bowl of swordfish, cod and shellfish in a saffron broth with thin spaghetti for me. We still have the doors open - the salt air is wonderful.

26 Likes

It all looks lovely & so jealous of the weather! Wishing your H a very happy 70th! :birthday::champagne::clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

No pics, but roasted a small leg of lamb in my countertop oven. Along with air fryer, mini oven, and toaster, it also has all the gear for a small rotisserie. Its one of my favorite ways to make small roasts, as they come iut beautifully browned and moist.

Added some pre-made roasted potatoes and the last of the green bean bundles from Easter

11 Likes

Try shaking/flipping them in the basket every five minutes or so, though the extra attention may defeat the purpose of using the air fryer.

2 Likes

Both had a craving for what I made on St. Patrick’s Day: [chicken] bangers and mash with Guinness onion gravy.

I really have to make this gravy more often with other meals.

19 Likes

Inauthentic (the horror !) take on Spaghetti Carbonara with some red peppers and scallions added early on and some cherry tomatoes at the end.

18 Likes

Quesabirria

23 Likes

Happy Birthday to your husband. I love that card. It would be perfect for my husband. When he turned 50 I went looking for a 50 y/o scotch. It was WAY beyond my means so I got him 2 25 y/os instead!

9 Likes

Looks like a very anniversary celebration worth meal and that card…!

3 Likes

That’s hilarious!

4 Likes

Last night’s “dinner” al fresco with my gal pals consisted of guac, chips, crackers, Turkish string cheese, and charred hot dogs grilled over my first open fire of the year. It’s perfectly normal, of course, for April days to be in the mid-high 80s in PA, but I’ll take it :wink:

A culinarily more satisfactory meal was had a couple nights ago at our favorite Sichuan place in town to bid farewell to a good friend who’s leaving for Vienna for a semester.

The usual suspects were ordered, but not all of them photographed bc we are hungry savages. Chongqing chicken, dry fried green beans, fish dry pot, mapo tofu, garlic eggplant, garlic cukes, bok choy, tea eggs on the house.

IMG_1238

20 Likes

Seafood feast tonight:

Ghee roast crab from the freezer (brother ordered it when he was here and it was too spicy for him) supplemented with sautéed chilli-garlic squid. We ate it all with rice.

Mom had leftover pizza and a tomato-malai paneer salad.

20 Likes

Nice save!

(I find tamarind pretty tricky as there is so much variance in sourness depending on what form (and what brand too) it is in – I have whole, powdered, and paste. Then on top of that, it takes some time for the full flavor to develop, so in early days of using it, I would adjust flavor, then it would cook a while, and boom! Too much! )

3 Likes

I figured he already had a 50 y/o at home so 2 25 y/o sounded like much more fun.

8 Likes

I’m glad you made that joke and not me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

White anchovies! With Boursin and a variety of garnishes on rosemary bread. Rosé for me and IPA for him.

20 Likes