What's for Dinner #92 - the Fool Me Once Edition - April 2023

Thanks but calling out the behaviour in front of witnesses is a little out of my comfort zone. I am in regular contact with my union (although not about this item yet) and they seem to prefer documentation in writing. I’m still trying to figure out what the manager’s problem is. He looks like he’s in his 40s so I’m not sure if it’s an age thing - I’m in my late 50s and by far the oldest one in the office - or my gender. I noticed he seems to gravitate mostly to the men in the office. I’ve worked with three mysogynists in my career and the last two were very subtle so filing a grievance or human rights complaint would be difficult. I keep reminding myself there are benefits to working from home so he isn’t in my face everyday but it is unpleasant none-the-less. Off to heat up my tortellini soup.

11 Likes

What type of sausage?

There is a book out there by Robert I. Sutton titled, ‘The No A**hole Rule’ (I put in the asterisks).
It was invaluable when we had a bully in our employment and it helped in dealing with subsequent ones. The HR people should have had this in THEIR training. I wish you the very best of luck!

4 Likes

What I could grab at WF - local bratwurst and spinach/chicken

Goodness, it was perfect! Silky and scrumptous! Thank you, thank you! The basic sauce was a great launch pad for our dinner.

1 Like

Leftovers and remakes for dinner.

Mom had spinach artichoke pasta from two nights ago plus last night’s vegetable soup.

Sis and I had egg curry to use up the eggs she boiled for no real reason yesterday, lol. I added potatoes because curry without potatoes is silly (unless it’s fish curry, then no potatoes ever).

We had fresh bread (from the bread guy, I haven’t baked bread here yet) to accompany the curry.

21 Likes

My sympathies. I have worked for a very long line of a*holes, narcissists, and bullies.

I hope you find resolution soon.

3 Likes

Beautiful! What meat did you use?

I realized just as you were telling me this that I actually have that book buried away somewhere at home. Time to dust it off! I was working for a toxic manager at the time and there was some really good advice in thst book.

3 Likes

NY strip steaks - a treat!

2 Likes

Using up much of the pot au feu leftovers with this Country Beef Salad, from the Le Bernardin Cookbook. We had this with baguette from local bakery, Iggy’s. Whispering Angel rosé for me and Notch “Left of the Dial” Session IPA for him.

21 Likes

Simple tonight - farfalle alla vodka with reheated Bratwurst. I had some leftover cucumber salad and a nice gooey dark chocolate brownie for dessert.

14 Likes

Spring soup.

Leftover grilled chicken, orzo and seasonal veg. I used an ATK recipe from the Washington Post as a jumping off point –I always love tarragon with alliums, and I thought the chili flakes (doubled down) were a nice touch.

Asparagus, spinach, broccolini, peas scallion, tarragon and bay from the garden. I had some held-over biscuit trimmings in the freezer which we floated for dumplings.

DH’s bowl (pictured here) got the extra chicken leg.

18 Likes

Very springy! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

DIY Filet-O-Fish knockoff inspired by @Meekah 's in the McDonald’s thread.

Half a Kraft single, Gorton’s fish sandwich cooked in the air fryer, and DIY tartar sauce (mayonnaise, chopped up cornichon, lemon juice, mustard, sugar) on a store bought brioche bun. Came out pretty good though the bun to filet ratio was slightly high.

21 Likes

And therefor, probably very authentic!

4 Likes

Please tell why no potatoes with fish curry. Any other incompatibles you want to share? Just curious.

1 Like

Yay!!! It’ll be a good refresher and you can update some of the skills with the crazy climate we live in! Peace!:pray:

1 Like

I must have missed that you were injured - I do hope you heal quickly and well. Can’t be much fun with a young child and a busy life! But I see that you’re soldiering on, and your meals still look great.

2 Likes

I had no energy to plan an interesting meal today. I don’t even have any damn tofu to put in my miso soup. Not hating this, though. It’s hard not to like smoked steelhead on a bagel.

IMG_7235

18 Likes