What's For Dinner #91 - the Irish Spring! Edition - March 2023

Errands.

A (hopefully!) last gasp raw, blustery day pushed me towards a wintery comfort food meal.

Beef Stroganoff with egg noodles (forgot to butter them before adding the stroganoff) and roasted Brussels sprouts with olive oil, s/p, dried savory, and garlic powder.

Wine. Lots of it.

19 Likes

!!!

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a good veg burger Superiority Burger is pretty good. I’ve made these a few times and they take some time, but freeze well and taste good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/superiority-burger/16450/?utm_term=.cab841785bc0

3 Likes

Roasted asparagus quiche, with scallions, tarragon, parsley, gruyere and parm. Crust is storebought. Cream of spinach soup.

Asparagus, herbs and spinach from the garden.

24 Likes

Salmon patties, tartar sauce. onion French fries and leftover black eyed peas.

14 Likes
7 Likes

Waiting for those images to load. You always have such great shots!

1 Like

Thank you :blush: Hopefully you can see the images now.

That is one hellova dinner. Happy Anniversary!

2 Likes

Really pretty!

1 Like

Happy anniversary!

1 Like

Thank you @ChristinaM and @Miss_belle !

2 Likes

That quiche is stunning! It looks like Spring in a crust.

4 Likes

Bringing up the rear. Brought home a prepped dinner from a local, non-chain grocery. Added a totally retro salad mix from the salad bar. I was disappointed they didn’t have iceberg lettuce, though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

18 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Mom made Pastitsio and Spanakopita pinwheels last night. Unbeknownst to us, yesterday was Greek Independence Day (my Greek coworker informed me when I mentioned dinner). So to all my Greek friends, “Opa!”

26 Likes

Happy anniversary! Dinner looks wonderful!

1 Like

That whole quiche picture is a thing of beauty! Love the quiche ingredients.

Yay, Mom! That’s a great looking meal!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s a Martha Rose Shulman recipe from NYT (here). I look forward to making it every spring.

1 Like