What's For Dinner #91 - the Irish Spring! Edition - March 2023

Great Idea!! I’ll add some black beans to the lentil mixture. Sunshine and I are doing our “BIG” grocery shopping tomorrow, so I added them to the list.
Thank you so much!!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Dinner tonight was homemade pizza. Purchased base, homemade sauce.

Toppings:

• (beyond) sausage, mushroom, and onion with cheddar
  • mushroom with truffle robiola and mozzarella
  • white pizza with truffle robiola, with mushrooms and mozzarella

Semi-successful in that the pizzas turned out great, but mom ate a less than ideal amount of dinner even though she picked pizza over several other choices. Tomorrow’s a new day.

18 Likes

This is probably not the place to get into it, but I will grant that of all the studies I read, none of them agree fully with each other.

The one conclusion that does seem to stick across the research is reducing saturated fats is helpful. Everything else seems very debated.

1 Like

Voting for COTQ and DOTQ is open - join us! Spring 2023 (Apr-Jun) Dish of the Quarter - VOTING
Spring 2023 (Apr-Jun) Cuisine of the Quarter - VOTING

2 Likes

Actually there is also a number of (meta)studies which have not shown a clinical meaningful impact on consumption of saturated fats and mortality and/or heart diseases.

Tonight’s dinner was egg rolls and sweet and sour pork from the Chinese grocery store’s take away counter. The pork was served with rice noodles instead of plain old rice since I just bought some rice noodles and couldn’t wait to crack open the new package :wink: Bok choy and mushrooms sautěed in sesame oil served on the side.

16 Likes

Still pretty full from the breakfast tacos from earlier, so just grazing on cheese, pepperoni, nuts, banana peppers, and olives. IPA for him and Sauvignon Blanc for me.

14 Likes

My DH grilled burgers and I made potato salad. A green salad was thrown together alongside.

Hard to get good photos at dusk.

17 Likes

Errands.

A (hopefully!) last gasp raw, blustery day pushed me towards a wintery comfort food meal.

Beef Stroganoff with egg noodles (forgot to butter them before adding the stroganoff) and roasted Brussels sprouts with olive oil, s/p, dried savory, and garlic powder.

Wine. Lots of it.

19 Likes

!!!

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a good veg burger Superiority Burger is pretty good. I’ve made these a few times and they take some time, but freeze well and taste good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/superiority-burger/16450/?utm_term=.cab841785bc0

3 Likes

Roasted asparagus quiche, with scallions, tarragon, parsley, gruyere and parm. Crust is storebought. Cream of spinach soup.

Asparagus, herbs and spinach from the garden.

24 Likes

Salmon patties, tartar sauce. onion French fries and leftover black eyed peas.

14 Likes
7 Likes

Waiting for those images to load. You always have such great shots!

1 Like

Thank you :blush: Hopefully you can see the images now.

That is one hellova dinner. Happy Anniversary!

2 Likes

Really pretty!

1 Like