What's For Dinner #91 - the Irish Spring! Edition - March 2023

Had a craving, and had the makings of the innards in my freezer.

Chicken, corn, and black bean enchiladas, with red bell peppers and onions, and added some rice.

Went simple with canned enchilada sauce and shredded Monterey Jack cheese, inside and outside, and topped with sour cream and minced parsley in placed of the usual green stuff.

Wine.

And watching The Proposal on Bravo. Because Betty White. Yeah, Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds are great. But Betty White. 'Nuf said. :heart:

22 Likes

French dip sandwiches on homemade baguette. Johnny’s Dock for au jus. Caesar salad. Garden dill pickles.

24 Likes

I love French Dip sandwiches. Pure, without toppings. Just the bowl of jus. I had my first one in 1976. I was over the moon! Lunch in a restaurant!

4 Likes

Onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, mushrooms, rice noodles, crab and baby bok choy in a dashi broth. Toppings were green onion, jalapeño, cilantro, chili crisp and a soft boiled soy egg. My throat was burning and my nose was running so I guess I got it hot enough. A cooling side of quick pickled cucumbers.

25 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at James on Main in Hackettstown, NJ, including pan fried oysters with habanero jam; veal bolognese with handmade handkerchief pasta; shrimp and grits; foie gras with duck ravioli; duck leg confit with garlic sausage, white asparagus, and a jammy egg; steamed shrimp dumplings in a yellow curry sauce; truffled fries and a chocolate cake with salted caramel sauce for dessert. It all went great with an excellent red blend and cabernet.

12 Likes

A great Cantonese meal!*“ Kingsfield Chinese Cuisine, Major Mac / 404, Richmond Hill “ - A welcoming new addition to the ever-changing Richmond Hill culinary landscape*

4 Likes

I had some yard work to do today, so I let the Crock Pot make dinner while I was outside. These bone-in chicken thighs swam in a nice medley of paprika, soy sauce and cayenne pepper all day on low. They were quite tasty. As for the rice, my goal was to make “pink rice” which is the juice from a can of pickled beets (saved from the day before) and white rice. This time I added a small amount of curry powder and turmeric to the water. Once the rice was done, I added the pickled beet juice and the rice turned orange. The taste was there, but orange rice does look a little odd on the plate. Some mixed vegetables rounded out our dinner.

18 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was pork bone soup from the Korean grocery store. This dish is probably one of my favourites.
20230318_235937

19 Likes

15 Likes

:drooling_face:Wow

2 Likes

Special occasion?

Yup.

It’s called dinner. :rofl:

1 Like

Tonight’s dinner was a Thai shrimp curry.

14 Likes

Roasted salmon and winter vegetables (cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, butternut squash, potatoes, and shallots) in a mushroom-citrus broth. Everything was improvised this evening and I was really pleased how it came together!

23 Likes

Pork tenderloin greased up with olive oil and covered in Penzeys Tsardust Memories seasoning mix, then roasted at 350° until done.

Served on buttered orzo with parsley, with Plum Ketchup spooned on top, and sauteed green beans, red bell peppers, and onions seasoned with dried savory, oregano, s/p, and garlic powder alongside.

Wine.

19 Likes

WaPo had a recipe recently for roasted tomato cheddar pie. The crust was supposed to include cheddar cheese and filling made of sliced and roasted tomatoes and shallots, then topped with a mixture of more cheese, mayo, dijon, and torn up basil. Lazy moi used a premade crust and added a little goat cheese - end result was delicious. Served with sautéed peppers with capers, garlic, and almonds and asparagus, not shown

20 Likes

omygosh - thank goodness you’re ok!

dinner and drinks look grand.

2 Likes

THAT’S all the green i would have needed for an Irish dinner! yum!

1 Like

Leftoverpalooza tonight. I had baked rigatoni from the freezer and a slice of Guinness chocolate cake for dessert. The cake itself was fine (a “wacky” cake), but the frosting stole the show. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Thai beef salad! Mostly care of Recipe Tin Eats and fellow Hungry Onions.

17 Likes