What's for Dinner #90 - the Days are Lasting Longer Edition - February 2023

Oh Good Lord, Eli. All the photos are great but that first one, the venison, got my tumbly rumbly, even though I’ve just eaten.

1 Like

Drool.

1 Like

@paryzer that’s some meal! I want everything!

3 Likes

My immersion blender is my favorite kitchen tool – hope you enjoy yours!

3 Likes

I have bookmarked your dinner with a reminder, because I’m going to copy it exactly in the near future - thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: The venison was outstanding. It had a beautiful char and just melted in your mouth. Also, those were probably the most ripe and sweetest blackberries that I ever had.

2 Likes

Thanks a million!

Thank you! Everything was outstanding, and there were plenty of leftovers, to enjoy during the week.

1 Like

Besides soups… can you educate me a little about other things I can do with an immersion blender??
Please and Thank You!!

1 Like

Smoothies.

1 Like

Which one did you get? Does it come with any attachments?

Kitchen Aid – It came with a cup and a guard for the bottom – pretty basic.
(Empire Red to match my stand mixer) My brain would go “nutsy fagan” if they didn’t match. LOL!!

2 Likes

Of course! Any time.

The blender stick can blend batters, beat eggs, purée soups and sauces, make mayo / aioli, and blend most things that are soft enough (for vegetable purees I cook the veg pretty soft first). Also things like dips.

Think of what you’d pull out your blender for, and this can probably do it depending on the quantity.

If there’s a mini chopper available as an attachment to yours, that’s my most-used other piece (the motor part of mine clicks into various attachments like a balloon whisk and chopper aside from the blender stick).

4 Likes

Homemade mushu pork homemade pancakes. From woks of life. By the last 6 of 12 pancakes I finally got the hang of it!

23 Likes

Petite filet of Wagyu beef on the grill. Leftover roasted spuds and shallots from last night (reheated on cast iron), served on a bed of baby spinach with a lemony vinaigrette.

18 Likes

Crab salad sliders on Kings Hawaiian rolls

21 Likes

Homemade mayo. Better than anything you can buy.

Customize to your liking.

4 Likes

YES… YES… and YES…
Thank you for the suggestion and the recipe. I have a chicken thigh, cheddar, mayo dish I make from time to time. I can’t wait to make my own mayo for that dish!!

1 Like

Tonight’s dinner was a “throw together” dinner. Baked chicken breast over pasta with peas. I used cream of chicken soup as the sauce.

11 Likes