What's for Dinner #90 - the Days are Lasting Longer Edition - February 2023

Looks super

Quiche Lorraine in a 9" tart pan. I made it this afternoon from scratch, including the crust. We ate the entire thing for dinner in one sitting in our car (road-trip).

26 Likes

i’m with you - everyday is Taco Tuesday!

3 Likes

Nice, photogenic bright green peas. Not looking at all like the ones the MIL prepared that matched the walls and carpeting in their house. The rest of the dish looks very nice, too!

1 Like

I don’t think we have any Aldi’s here…

Dungeness Crab with Cellophane Noodles a la Slanted Door

One of my favorite dishes there, now always make it at home during the season. Super easy and of course you can add way more crab. Had a bok choy slaw on the side.

21 Likes

… I will humbly request a recipe for that, please.

It looks fabulous. One of these days, I will find an excuse to go into SF (or, apparently, San Ramon if I want it any time soon) and eat there. It just hasn’t happened.

1 Like

Mrs. P made a decadent lobster Thermidor with side of asparagus with blue cheese sauce. We enjoyed an excellent Shiraz. We also celebrated our Valentine’s day baby Gucci’s 11th birthday.

22 Likes

Grilled NY strip (rare for me, med for mom)

Roasted Brussels sprouts
Green salad
Homemade peach ice cream from last summer :two_hearts:

12 Likes

Finding ways to use up my surplus supply of yellowing chives. Ended up making these two ‘easy to make but hard to master and perfect’ iconic Cantonese dishes:

• Velvety, scrambled egg ’ Foo-Yung ’ with prawns, scallions and yellowing chives.

• Stirred fry sliced beef Ho-Fun rice noodles aka 'Gone-Chau-Ngau-Ho ’

Verdict?!..Not bad, not bad at all!!👌👍😋

22 Likes

You dinner looks delicious as usual. And happy Valentine’s day to Gucci!

1 Like

Normally, we treat going out to dinner on Valentine’s Day the same as New Year’s Eve: we don’t. I’ve always felt this way due to the special menus, crowds, craziness, etc, and thankfully BF agrees. But early drinks and apps before grazing some more at home is just fine.

So, appetizers and drinks at Teak in Red Bank, NJ. Loved the vibes at the upstairs bar which was more of a club-like setting (admittedly not my scene, but it worked). For drinks, I had a Lychee Martini with Ketel One and BF had Sapporo. We shared crispy Brussels Sprouts with a soy sesame glaze and orange slices, and a Black Mamba Roll which had shrimp tempura, lobster, and banana-- a most interesting addition that somehow brought it all together.

19 Likes

Holy cow those are big 'uns! Happy birthday baby G. You’re a teenager in human years and approaching your seventies in pussycat years. More powerc to your wheels!

1 Like

Right on !

2 Likes

Kind of embarrassing, just a bowl of chicken & dumplings on Valentine’s Day. Oh well, still very good.

24 Likes

Thank you @ottawaoperadiva @mts and @chienrouge :blush:

1 Like

Crappy photo but yummy meal. We split a rare ribeye with sides of cauli-potato mash and sauteed zucchini and slicing turnips. Dessert has been saved for tomorrow. We enjoyed a bottle of Krems Riesling while our kiddo ate his dinner (heart-shaped cheeseburger, tagliatelle Alfredo, and cukes with ranch; he was ecstatic with this as well as his 3(!) desserts).

Breakfast started the heart theme:

I do love spoiling my people. Xx

25 Likes

That would make me feel very cozy and loved!

2 Likes

Be still my heart.
Happy Birthday Gucci. Did you get a special treat?

1 Like

It’s Tuesday so…Peruvian-ish tacos. Ground beef, onions, garlic, poblano pepper, seasoned with the leftover marinade. Aji verde, cotija cheese and cilantro. Pinquito beans and oak lettuce, radish, green onion salad with chipotle ranch dressing.

18 Likes