What's For Dinner #89 - the Dawn of a New Year Edition - January 2023

I’d probably forget “my cup” name after a couple of drinks. Heck, I might even forget my real name,

3 Likes

(post deleted by author)

There’s a song about that.

2 Likes

Rubbing alchohol will absolutely remove Sharpie markers from glass and most plastics. In my industry, it’s common for artists to draw on their monitors with white-board marker when trying to work things out. Accidently mistaking a sharpie for one has happened many MANY times. There were always way more alchohol wipes than we needed in the first aid boxes. That was why.

6 Likes

Putting a new label or a piece of masking tape over the marked glass is also an option.

I often do this with spice jars.

As will nail polish remover.

That’s how I fix my car when it has those annoying dashboard lights that just won’t go away.

3 Likes

Scotch tape wouldn’t work so well for that. LOL.

1 Like

Pro-tip: Electrical tape is black, and has a similar reflectivity to the anti-reflective plastic over most dash displays. It blends in way better than masking or painter’s tape.

3 Likes

Ah, you must be one of those ASE certified mechanics.

1 Like

I got a 3/8" drill and a big box of zipties. Show me where the problem is.

(Preliminary diagnosis: The Front fell off.)

2 Likes

OMG!! Sunshine tried the same thing with her car. She asked me for some black tape, my response was “For what??” At which point she explained she was tired of looking at the little yellow engine light on the dash.
I told her I had a better idea, lets scan the computer and find out why the car is unhappy, then I’ll fix it.

2 Likes

You and Lectroid must be BFFs.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #90 - the Days are Lasting Longer Edition - February 2023

Last year we donated our 23 y.o. Audi that we’d bought new. As most sedans do, it had fairly low clearance, and when we started doing more dirt roads for hiking after moving to the PNW 16 yrs ago, the front bumper would occasionally get stuck on some rock or ditch until one side of it pretty much detached. The other side was on though, so for the longest time my H secured the loose side with a spare shoelace. Classy I know. So it would be similarly classy to tape over “Mark” on my plastic party cups so that “Jane” could use it for next year’s event. !!!

2 Likes

i was just reading about Mazemen yesterday, and saved this for myself.

yours looks great!

1 Like

Careful observers will note that my egg was a 6 min. ‘jammy yolk’ agitama, usually meant for ramen. When I grabbed the package out of the freezer, I neglected to notice it was a mazeman kit, and I’d already gone and prepared the ramen eggs the day before. So I went with it. But a 4 min egg with a still VERY runny yolk is absolutely the preferred topping to mazeman. It mixes up with the sauce and lets any toppings you have thrown in cling to the noodles.

I’ve had places where my bowl was served with a straight up raw yolk on top, all ready to be mixed in.

4 Likes

that’s what it said in the link - a raw egg, or poached for the squeamish.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #90 - the Days are Lasting Longer Edition - February 2023

Thanks for posting - I wasn’t familiar with the song.

Back in the day, my friend and I had fake bar names. I always used the same one - Diane- so that I could remember it. It mostly worked but not all always.

2 Likes