What's For Dinner #89 - the Dawn of a New Year Edition - January 2023

Same.

Stopped at a fishmonger yesterday. Also got squid and cod. We are going to stuff ourselves with sea creatures while our hater is away!

5 Likes

Sous vide beets with dill . Tri tip from the local grocery grilled over oak wood . Steamed potato that I ran through the food mill . My newest and favorite tool . Of course with the butter lake . Cheers .

25 Likes

Breakfast tacos again, fresh flour tortillas, eggs, American cheese slice, pico de gallo, avocado, frozen mini tater tots, various jarred salsas and hot sauces.

27 Likes

Variation on salad nicoise with green beans, hard boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, bacon, white beans, artichokes, romaine salad, olives with a vinaigrette made from all amount of mashed potato, bacon fat, olive oil, mustard, white wine vinegar and thyme

17 Likes

#laterpost :laughing:
We had this meal last Monday, but it has been a busy one these past few days.

We had our belated family holiday meal with Roast Goose, Chestnut mushroom dressing, goose gravy (of course), cranberry sauce (because always) and a riff on a morbiflette/tartiflette, some salad and a steamed persimmon pecan pudding with creme anglaise for dessert.

The roast goose prep was from a blog. High heat skin crisp then slooooow cook for hours. Best poultry I have ever cooked. Yum.

Other recipes were made up in our heads but here are some suggested things like them.

26 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Bucatini all’Amatriciana

25 Likes

Smoked baby back ribs from the butcher, leftover mashed potatoes jazzed up with horseradish, vinegary coleslaw, this was last night. Tonight was a festival of leftovers. New slate tomorrow.

21 Likes

Cold and rainy here. He made hamburger stew (tastes good but looks more like soup I know). Cornbread recipe courtesy of Chienrouge on the baking thread. Good stuff., Battered and crispy fried avocado with ranch. And if you want a good laugh for the night, zoom in on my pineapple upside down cake.

23 Likes

Braised vegetables and shrimp in chili bean sauce adapted from this Fuchsia Dunlop recipe for fish, which is also in Land of Plenty. I feel good about using up a bunch of vegetables that needed to get used. Leftovers will be eaten tomorrow with noodles, I think.

23 Likes

Your pineapple upside down cake looks perfectly yummy. I wouldn’t kick it out of bed…

8 Likes

Beautiful mix of colors and your pottery is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Thank you! I found the bowls on Amazon a while ago, although it appears they are out of stock currently:

4 Likes

I’m a dishaholic, in partial recovery. I can only window shop now…

4 Likes

Totally understand!

An older man who I used to work with told me his wife always said, “ Well, if that doesn’t beat anything I ever slept with” And she was a religious woman.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

OMG too funny. I remember in the way back machine when Burt Reynolds did his PlayGirl centerfold and women I knew said they’d let him eat crackers in bed with no problem LOL.

6 Likes

Hundreds of years ago, I was a corporate librarian for an engineering company. A new engineer joined the company and he had been a centerfold in what I think was called California Girl magazine. It took us all a few weeks to stop snickering whenever we saw him. He was a good sport about it!

5 Likes

Vegan (I think?) mapo tofu and seaweed salad with daikon and bean sprouts. Mmm, bean sprouts.

19 Likes