What's For Dinner #88 - The Mad Rush Edition - December 2022

Tonight’s dinner was Mayo-Cheese-Garlic Boneless Chicken Thighs with “Stove Top” stuffing and carrots. My local grocery store had stuffing on “clearance sale”; I guess they stocked way too much for Thanksgiving.

“Sunshine” (girlfriend) really likes this dish and enjoyed her dinner.

18 Likes

Roasted Vegetable Bibimbap - butternut squash, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli rabe were roasted in the oven in a mixture of gochujang, oil, soy sauce and brown sugar. Served over rice with fried egg, mung bean sprouts and some quick pickled cucumbers

24 Likes

First soondubu jigae of the season, and it won’t be the last.
soondubu

24 Likes

Penne rigate with Rao’s marinara and Beyond meatless balls.

23 Likes
  • Vegan vegetable chow mein lightly adapted from The Woks of Life
  • Stir-fried broccoli with garlic and vegetarian oyster sauce
  • Rice

The broccoli is a little overdone but it was still good!

The Woks of Life chow mein recipe is amazing.

24 Likes

I meant to link directly to The Woks of Life’s vegetable chow mein recipe.

6 Likes

Excited to see more of your vegetarian/vegan posts here!

9 Likes

Ice cream is a year round treat. Living in New England, those who like iced coffees still get them in the dead of winter, too. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Holy smokes. That looks absolutely luscious!

:laughing: Slainté!

2 Likes

That’s the BEST gingerbread house ever. Your creativity always amazes me.

3 Likes

Any chance we could get this old family recipe? It sounds and looks so good! Thanks.

2 Likes

Excited to see more of your vegetarian/vegan posts here!

That’s so nice! Thank you!

2 Likes

Haha, aww, thanks. You should see the gingerbread house contest at the Biltmore House here in Asheville every Christmas. It’s AMAZING. We (me, hubs, kiddo) had so much fun buying candy and decorating our little house!

3 Likes

Seconding that! Welcome!

2 Likes

Three recipes from Maunika Gowardhan tonight- Turmeric and Mustard Fish Curry (Thali), Green Bean Poriyal (Indian Kitchen), and Simple Pulao (Indian Kitchen)

These are all excellent and made for a deeply satisfying dinner. Leftovers for a couple lunches too. I will do a more thorough write up on the COTM for Maunika Gowardhan when I have a minute.

22 Likes

I made our family favorite: chicken and gnocchi stew with spinach and cream. My own twists. Solid. Brought some of the stew, rolls, and a green salad to a friend in mourning.

25 Likes

Yes . I remember watching PBS Saturday morning and great chefs weekdays. I would be scribbling notes on paper . Way before the internet came along . They were everywhere. Some times I couldn’t decipher them . The good old days.

4 Likes

I did that too.

3 Likes

If I had of seen @ChristinaM’s chicken and gnocchi stew that’s what I would of had for for dinner. Instead I had Greek chicken thighs with white beans, artichoke hearts, lemon and feta. Salad with creamy Greek dressing. It was very good. Dessert will be pistachio blondies, something hot to drink.

27 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was better than take out stirfried udon from Bon Appetit. I may have shared a picture of this dish before but it continues to be a favourite.

16 Likes