What's For Dinner #88 - The Mad Rush Edition - December 2022

Leftoverpalooza tonight. Managed to downsize if not finish several items in the fridge.

My hubs’ portion of scalloped potatoes looked so nicely layered (I just scraped up scraps):

23 Likes

Chicken & taters

22 Likes

Another indulgent holiday meal. Fried chicken. Leftover mac & cheese. Caesar salad.

22 Likes

thank you! hope you had a lovely holiday… xoxo

1 Like

we had leftover meats (random teriyaki beef and a bit of roast pork i took home for the BF from my sister’s that he hadn’t devoured (which i don’t understand at all!) immediately) - so he made sorta campechano tacos with salsa fresca and plenty of crema. They were delicious! And a new-to-me hot sauce from Queens, NY (gifted) that had a little Caribbean thing going on - nice, tho not very spicy at all.

we have a mishmash of NYE weekend plans - going out to a nice dinner tomorrow night, nothing planned for actual NYE dinner as of now, then NY day we head out to Stinson Beach for an overnight at friends’ home, but it’ll be just the two of us. We may just cook there. I bought some nice sausages from Fatted Calf and I have a pork chop from Olivier’s Butchery, so that may be dinner Sunday night. and I’m off work until Wednesday, so whooo-whooo, i don’t care if we eat chex mix all weekend! (well, that’s a lie, but just so happy to be off work.)

24 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was chicken wings in black bean sauce, rice, stirfried yellow and orange peppers and snow peas.

19 Likes

Japanese inspired noodles (spaghetti) with bacon, carrots, leeks and Brussels sprouts and a sauce made from Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce, ketchup, soy sauce and mirin. Topped with some pickled red ginger.

14 Likes

I proposed Shepherd’s pie. My kid counter-proposed chicken pot pie. (This is chicken pot pie)

26 Likes

Tonight I made Schweineschnitzel (pork, Viennese style). My MIL is still with us and I thought she’d like it since she enjoys Midwestern fried pork tenderloins. I was right :slight_smile:

Sides were cucumber salad, doctored red cabbage, cranberry sauce, and sauteed haricots. Brought me back to Austria one bite at a time. See the fluffy, wavy crust?

30 Likes

Looks fabulous! I would devour that if it were in front of me.

2 Likes

Beautiful schnitzel!

3 Likes

Haircut Day.
Then Trader Joe’s.
Then Wegmans.
Yes, I bought scallops.
But they’re for tomorrow night.

Today was a re-do of sorts.
The remaining oven-fried chicken thigh was heated in the microwave for a little bit and then “refried” in some olive oil and served on a brioche bun with honey mustard dressing and lettuce.

The last of the crinkle cut L-W fries alongside, with some wine.

Not a bad re-do.

24 Likes

Great-looking chicken burger!

3 Likes

Pan-roasted boneless pork chops. Roast pumpkin. Baby peas. Applesauce.

Pumpkin, peas and apples from our garden surplus.

22 Likes

Hors d’oeuvres dinner is the best dinner.

Paprika distribution a little sloppy, though.

21 Likes

Forgive me! I can’t keep up, but feel compelled to jump in every now and then.
Larb! I bought too much pork for New Years, decided to grind some,

and glad I did! I :heart: larb!

25 Likes

Swoon. And inspired!

1 Like

Shrimp risotto with (quick shrimp broth from the shells), fennel, white wine, chives, lemon zest and juice

19 Likes

That sounds and looks delicious!

1 Like

Last night I decided I needed a break from cooking so I ordered Greek food. I ordered a lamb souvlaki platter including rice, potatoes, a Caesar salad, a pita bread and tzatziki. I ate the lamb, potatoes and salad last night. The pita will be eaten with the lentil soup I will be having for lunch today and tomorrow and the rice will be re-purposed later this week.

18 Likes