What's For Dinner #88 - The Mad Rush Edition - December 2022

I went to my first of two Christmas luncheon today. We went to a pizza place where I proceeded to order a salad since none of the pizzas wowed me but the salads looked intriguing. The director mentioned that the restaurant makes the best salads so I felt less guilty. The one I ordered contained spring mix, olives, artichoke hearts and smoked trout. No photos since I was too busy chatting :wink: I was quite full aftrr so I had another salad for dinner nade of corn, tomato, herbs and feta. Deli chicken on the side.

14 Likes

Dinner tonight - first ski day for H, came home in one piece! Bucatini with a shallot, anchovy and tomato sauce. An Alison Roman recipe, but with the amount of anchovy halved. Perfect for our tastes, salad to go with and Chateau Ste Michelle Indian Wells Cab Sav.

25 Likes

Lotta basting with oil! I’m glad I finally gave this recipe a try.

1 Like

Add onion and you got amatriciana :wink:

3 Likes

Chicken thigh, red cabbage and shirataki noodle stirfry, dressed with soy, mirin, Sriracha and homemade chile crisp. Spicy but not obliterating - I’m already dreaming about the leftovers!

21 Likes

Chile verde with white beans, Carolina Gold rice, habanero cheddar, and sour cream.

25 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I made pork tenderloin marbella with leftover quinoa, garlicky broccolini, and a green salad with walnut Dijon dressing.

Conclusion: anything marbella is best left in the 1990s.

19 Likes

I glanced at that Marbella page. Once I saw that they wanted sugar, I closed it.

2 Likes

I am still loving your yesterday’s dinner, and am planning to copy one day soon. :heart_eyes:

ps: did you mean to post this here or in the December 2022 thread?

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @Rasam . I moved those posts from #87 over to here.

1 Like

Char siu fried rice.

16 Likes

Conclusion: anything marbella is best left in the 1990s.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Dinner tonight was mini penne with an Italian sausage sauce. Oo, onion, garlic, anchovies, capers, splash of rosso vermouth, a can of diced tomatoes, rpf. Parm and parsley. Toasted garlic sourdough. Salad of little gem and mixed greens, cherry pepper, peperoncini, celery, red onion, kalamata olives, mushrooms, oo&v dressing. I had a Negroni and since I was out of wine, a rosso vermouth and tonic.

17 Likes

So interesting how it got brought back from the dead and its history. Also delicious.

6 Likes

Snow day tomorrow. My PIC made his amazing yuvetsi, and I’d picked up a few dips at the local Greek restaurant: fava, melitsano, and tirokafteri for apps, and made a maroulosalata-ish salad to go with.

23 Likes

Sunday i made a pot of braised beef shanks and mushrooms in an Italian red (with anchovy paste, tomato paste, and dijon) and let it sit in the fridge for a few days, and tonight the BF paired it with goat cheesy polenta. Chilly evening here (though dry) so this was very welcome to come home to.

28 Likes

After processing that large cauliflower yesterday, I found myself with a good bunch of cauliflower leaves. I couldn’t bring myself to just throw them away, so I looked on-line and sure enough they are edible… just drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes, so they became our vegetable tonight for dinner.

So, tonight’s dinner was hamburger steak with white gravy, stuffing and baked cauliflower leaves. It was a nice meal.

14 Likes

Japanese curry (pork), rice, and onsen tamago.

19 Likes

Wish I were your neighbor and you would invite me to dinner…

1 Like