What's For Dinner #86 - the Apples, & Cider, & DONUTS, Oh MY! Edition - October 2022

BTW cheers - I think I spy my favorite pinot!

1 Like

Happy birthday @Lindawhit. Oh to be 64 again. Dinner looks wonderful,especially the choclates.

7 Likes

Spanish pizza. Stonefire thin crust, bravas sauce, chorizo, onion, garlic, piquillo peppers, castelvetrano olives, manchego cheese, a sprinkle of dried oregano. Salad of mixed lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, pickled carrots, sherry vinegar & oo dressing. Cocktail was a rum sunset, there may have also been Bombay rocks.

20 Likes

Happy birthday Linda! Wishing many years of wonderful eating.

3 Likes

Can’t keep up with WFD , but had to add a Happy Birthday @LindaWhit !

Rinse and repeat.

With this week’s Nancy’s ceci bean salad.

19 Likes

Stir-fried shrimps, green beans and scallions with a sauce made from ginger, garlic, chili-garlic paste, quick broth from the cooked shrimp shells, soy sauce and sesame oil

18 Likes

That cake looks amazing.

1 Like

Another happy birthday from me too. It sounds like you had a lovely day. Your entire meal looks delicious especially the chocolates.

1 Like

Happy happy birthday! It sounds like you found just the ticket for good day.

1 Like

It was REALLY good! First tasted Goldeneye in 2015 and finally sprang for a bottle (on “sale” for $44).

1 Like

Happy birthday :tada:

1 Like

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Last night’s dinner: grilled chicken, bacon, Swiss, lettuce, tomato, honey mustard. Very satisfying.

21 Likes

It’s apparently a week of firsts: my first prime rib, and now my first quesadilla. IKR? How have I neverever made a quesadilla in my life? Well, that’s certainly going to change.

It was delectable - made with Mission extra soft & fluffy tortillas, Tillamook Mexican cheese mix, leftover prime rib, and pickled jalapeños. Shmeared with guac/hot sauce & sour cream/hot sauce.

DaYUM.

22 Likes

I want to :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: the hell out of that picture!

1 Like

¡Feliz cumpleaños!

1 Like

i know i’ve missed a few, but happy bday to all our October babies!

i’m heading to Barcelona tonight for a week, but i’ll be checking in on your din-dins periodically.

i’m going with a group of friends, leaving the BF behind (sniff!) so we went out to dinner last night at our favorite Argentinian-ish place around the corner, Lolinda. Had our usual: croquetas de yuca, ensalada de palmito, rib eye that comes with grilled bread, tomato and chimichurri, and a side of yuca fries. Cocktails (my favorite, a Pistolero, that i have yet to recreate at home: mezcal, sloe gin, cynar, dry vermouth, and grapefruit), vino, a cocktail afterward at our old haunt dive bar, and a final final once we got home. Lovely evening with the BF.

Hasta pronto!

Lolinda Pistolero

22 Likes

Seattle Greek Festival - October 7th 2022
Beautiful Evening!

In addition to the calamari, we split a gyro, and had a couple Greek pastries.

19 Likes

Haircut. My usual MO after Haircut Day is to go to Wegmans, but I didn’t need anything, nor did I want the scallops I usually buy, as I was jonesing for pork stroganoff using the rest of the pork loin from Sunday. It worked out very well!

My changes: I used the remaining liquid from that recipe from Sunday in place of the white wine (added a bit of sweetness that some might not like, but I did), used regular paprika (don’t have smoked) and didn’t add the pork until after the tomato paste and mustard were whisked in. Sour cream was added at the very end so it didn’t break. Dried tarragon instead of fresh.

Served on egg noodles with green beans alongside.

And wine. :wink:

Recipe conversions (for me):

15g butter = 1 Tbsp
150 ml white wine = 1/2 cup
500 grams sliced pork = 2 cups
200 ml sour cream = a bit over 3/4 cup (I cut back to 2/3 cup)

17 Likes