What's For Dinner #86 - the Apples, & Cider, & DONUTS, Oh MY! Edition - October 2022

Have a great trip. Barcelona is one of The Sprout’s favorite places.

1 Like

Take-out pho, homemade tomato salad in nuoc cham with cilantro and jalapeño.

15 Likes

10 Likes

Late-season-tomato BLT’s with Kurobuta bacon on bakery sourdough. Potato wedges roasted in duck fat.

Lettuce, toms, spuds, pickles and scallions from the garden.

15 Likes

It has a light crust . I’m guessing a white fish . Mushroom, with sauteed scallions and a broth .

I love Barthelona. The food, the vermut, the gin. Have a wonderful trip.

1 Like

Cobb salad. Cherry tomatoes from the garden.

20 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a turkey pot pie from tne pricey butcher and Brussels sprouts from this week’s CSA. Butter with corn on the cob for dessert :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Halibut? Tell us more!

Halibut in a ginger soy sauce, with mushrooms, onions and scallions

8 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was Garlic Breaded Chicken Breast. This is an old Jaime Oliver recipe that I dug out of my binder. Baked potatoes and peas rounded out the meal. My girlfriend had one of her chocolate “in-betweens” (from the baking thread) for dessert.

13 Likes

You know what’s funny [or scary]? I read “haircut” and immediately thought, “She’s having scallops tonight”.

We’re a sick bunch! :rofl:

12 Likes

Dining solo tonight so I made a Strip Steak which I rubbed heavily with everything bagel and Montreal steak seasonings. Kind of missed the mark-- it was medium well. Still tender but really wanted to see more pink. A very brown meal which included a baked potato with TPSTOB and thick-cut mushrooms.

Got to see some friends after work and before dinner for the first time in forever. Two of them gifted me this awesome jellyfish martini glass. I’ve never seen anything like it. So fragile. I used it tonight but was so cautious. Afraid to use it again!

18 Likes

Continuing Mrs. P’s birthday celebration, we enjoyed another excellent dinner at Cafe Panache including crab cake with tzatziki sauce; filet mignon ravioli; veal osso buco; panko crusted halibut with wasabi sauce. It all went great with a couple of excellent cabernets.

18 Likes

Very nice! Life is to be celebrated! And, like good wine, you’re aging very well! :wine_glass:Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

OR…I’m just that predictable! But I didn’t have my steak tips on Friday or scallops on Haircut Day. I guess when I got a year older, the urge to change it up a bit hit me. :wink:

7 Likes

Love that duck breast :yum::heart::yum::heart: belated Happy Birthday!!!

1 Like

Speaking for myself, and others’ MMV, but I’d prefer if you posted the description with the photo. It’s a lot of extra scrolling and back and forth.

6 Likes

Those look really good!

1 Like

Squid With Black Bean Sauce, adapted from Rasa Malaysia.

The three changes I made:

• Swap out the dark soy for sweet soy
  • Swap out the snow peas called for with julienned green chiles
  • Par cooked the squid by passing it through oil instead of blanching it

The squid was already cleaned and separated into tubes and tentacles, so the most time consuming part of this was scoring the tubes before cutting into stir fry size pieces. Well worth the effort though, as the squid were nice and tender when the dish was ready! Leftovers for lunch tomorrow, too.

21 Likes