What's for Dinner #84 - the National Food-A-Day Month Edition - August 2022

Thanks, @LindaWhit!

That’s quite a list! Here are the ones I most amused about:

National Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor’s Porch Day (hahahaha)

National Toasted Marshmallow Day (umm, there was already S’Mores Day… ok marshmallow lobby!)

National Eat Outside Day (of course, find the hottest month for this!)

5 Likes

Thanks, Linda. I was waiting for it.

1 Like

Sorry, the shitstorm started almost as soon as I got into work. I had Emailed myself what I wanted to write a couple of days ago, and I forgot to post it this morning when I woke up because of the catz at home. So technically, the shitstorm started almost as soon as I woke up and fed them. LOL

5 Likes

Such is life. And it only gets such-er and such-er.

4 Likes

Tonight I made Creole creamed red beans (canned, to which I added the Trinity, and very good!), real Andouille, bay leaf-scented converted rice, and kale salad with herb vinaigrette (made by DH). Kale this time of year is too chewy, bleh.

17 Likes

Last meal in Berlin. Wah.

Another plate of fabulous pappardelle with chanterelles, mâche with vine tomatoes & diced fried up bacon in a garlicky vinaigrette (so garlicky, in fact, I worry our cab driver out to the airport hotel might throw us out halfway :grimacing: )

Twas delicious, tho. Sad to leave.

26 Likes

August 20th is National Bacoon Lovers Day?!? Oooo I am going to live for this day!

4 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a basa fillet poached in a spicy tomato sauce with a risotto on the side. Next time I will have to add some veggies to the risotto to add more colour to the plate.

15 Likes

And August 8th goes hand-in-hand with August 25th and 28th…

4 Likes

BF made a mezze platter tonight, with his own falafel, keftes, hummus, and tzatziki, and store bought pita and stuffed grape leaves. green salad on the side. Still pretending it’s a bit warmer here than it is. There were actual raindrops today in SF! Like, 3, but we got 'em.

28 Likes

Dinner tonight is Fish and Mixed Vegetable stir-fry from The Woks of Life. They use tilapia in their recipe; I used pollock. Fish came out beautifully! Enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow, too.

23 Likes

Spiced lamb meatballs with homemade pita wraps. Cuke and onion salad from the garden (no tomatoes yet). Homemade humus and tzatziki. Olives and feta.

Any other time of the year I would add parsley to the meatballs for some color and freshness. Being August, I added grated and wrung zucchini instead.

23 Likes

Jjolmyeon - chewy wheat noodles in spicy sauce, with boiled egg.

22 Likes

Fresh cranberry beans, braised with herbs.

IMG_3486

And waaaaaay too much scallop ceviche. Which I ate all of, so there.

IMG_3484

25 Likes

Love the kitty silverware! :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No picture. Last night sauteed a thin pork chop, roasted a frozen mix of broccoli, butternut squash, onion, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, & onion, and made some garlic spaghetti, Was so made at myself because slightly overcooked the pork chop.

7 Likes

True dedication :wink:

2 Likes

Let no one call me a slacker when it comes to food.

2 Likes

It’s hard work, but someone’s gotta do it :yum:

2 Likes