What's For Dinner #83 - the I Scream, You Scream Edition - July 2022

Panko-crusted rockfish tacos with a garlicky lime crema. Chopped cabbage fresh from the garden.

28 Likes

Gin & Tonic, no I had tequila, I’m just adding to @LindaWhit’s list of summer go-togethers.
Dinner was chicken mole poblano, elote and a salad of mixed greens, tomato, avocado, black beans, red onion, chipotle ranch.

23 Likes

Had to look this up - don’t recall ever eating it.

Happy Canada Day!

2 Likes

Fat thumbed the knife and fork. I’m down with that . Have a great weekend. I’m headed out to my favorite butcher market tomorrow for sausage made by a German . And I will select a gorgeous ribeye . I live in the top of California. Headed to cattle country. Cheers

2 Likes

Summery dinner though it was grey and chilly most of the day. BF made his zucchini salad, with tarragon and Dijon mustard this time, i made my Frenchy potato salad (minced shallots, thyme, capers, olive oil), he cooked up Toulouse sausages from our Frenchy butcher, and i nuked the COTC and slathered it in butter. i am on a corn streak!

26 Likes

Steamed pork patty with preserved vegetables, broccolini with oyster sauce, and a big bowl of rice.

22 Likes

New England Fish Chowder - First cod poached in a mixture of water, salt pork, onion, bay leaf and thyme. After removing the fish, cooked the potatoes in the mixture, added milk with cornstarch to thicken and added the cod back to the chowder. Finished with crispy bacon and chives.

16 Likes

Kicked off birthday (it’s tomorrow/Saturday) weekend with a great steak and drinks. BF was working super late and mom said she’d take me anywhere I wanted to go tonight. So off to the Portuguese/Spanish place that we went to a few weeks ago it was. Delicious as always. Obligatory garlic shrimp appetizer with lots of bread, filet mignon with mushroom sauce for me, and she had broiled snapper. There were cocktails of course.

The place is old school and I hope they never change.

34 Likes

A very happy birthday to you, @gcaggiano :tada::clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Thank you!

Have a fabulous birthday! ·

1 Like

So greeeeeen! Lovely!

1 Like

That fish sounds amazing, and that treatment is a favorite of mine as well.

1 Like

Interesting - no scallion!

Thanks for sharing and linking the recipe. I’m definitely going to try this - have had a crock of the preserved vegetable forever. I might form the mix into smaller patties if that’s not too radical?

1 Like

The chocolate cake part was good. The frosting seemed a bit bland on the parts without the caramel drizzle. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Happy birthday @gcaggiano ! The meal looks like a nice start to your birthday weekend!

2 Likes

HBD! Will there be cake?

1 Like

Reduce the oil
Double the sauce
Add a small amount of sugar/sweetener
Add toasted ground Sichuan peppercorn
Use chili crisp in place of the chili flake
Add the minced garlic to the sauce and toss with the noodles before topping with scallions and cilantro and flashing with the hot oil

2 Likes

I’m hoping there will be a Shop Rite carrot cake at some point.

7 Likes